• Thread starter Deleted member 41424
  • Start date
D D

Deleted member 41424

I have a HP Pavilion g6-1202sa Laptop.
AMD Processor.
4gb Ram.
Windows 7.

No problem until this morning, computer is booting up and gets stuck at the 'starting windows' screen.

Tried booting in 'safe mode', no success.
Tried system restore, says can't find restore points. Although i'm positive they are on the computer.
Tried running check disk but as It was in the process of running it appears to have reverted back to the prompt screen of check disc. Although I did notice it had found 4 or 5 unreadable files.

Any futher ideas on how to overcome this problem? cheers

wesshaw1985 said:
I have a HP Pavilion g6-1202sa Laptop.
AMD Processor.
4gb Ram.
Windows 7.

No problem until this morning, computer is booting up and gets stuck at the 'starting windows' screen.

Tried booting in 'safe mode', no success.
Tried system restore, says can't find restore points. Although i'm positive they are on the computer.
Tried running check disk but as It was in the process of running it appears to have reverted back to the prompt screen of check disc. Although I did notice it had found 4 or 5 unreadable files.

Any futher ideas on how to overcome this problem? cheers

You need to pm TCIB

yes, tried booting it. I've got no external devices connected.

due to the battery comment.
I was also having battery power problems for a month or so prior to this happening. if that may be a contributing factor

I've got a system recovery partition on the hard drive (D)

wesshaw1985 said:

Ok sorted, you need to get in the recovery menu then when booting then. I've no idea what key you press as it varies from computer to computer.

You could try looking the key up on the net for your make and model pc/laptop or just randomly pressing keys (F1 to F12 usually) while booting to see if that takes you in to the menu.

When you find the right key you know your in a the right bit/menu as it will give you multiple options. One being do you want to do a factory reset. You don't want to do use that option just yet that's a last resort. You're looking for an option that mentions recovering windows, it might even say something about restoring important drivers.

Challenger1978 said:
wesshaw1985 said:

Ok sorted, you need to get in the recovery menu then when booting then. I've no idea what key you press as it varies from computer to computer.

You could try looking the key up on the net for your make and model pc/laptop or just randomly pressing keys (F1 to F12 usually) while booting to see if that takes you in to the menu.

When you find the right key you know your in a the right bit/menu as it will give you multiple options. One being do you want to do a factory reset. You don't want to do use that option just yet that's a last resort. You're looking for an option that mentions recovering windows, it might even say something about restoring important drivers.

This, but i think hp have a recovery console built in. "enter recovery console" may be in the windows boot options screen if memory serves me right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.