HRH Prince Philip - Passed Away

I know there's plenty on here who won't be shedding tears at this news. But let's try to keep things fairly civilised, please.

I think he is/was one of the most popular Royals to be honest. He got a very flattering portrayal in The Crown which has probably given him a recent boost, and he had a lot of funny one liners that sometimes veered into offensive but were never really malicious.

Didn't take himself too seriously.

She will never do that. A life of service.

When she passes, I will take my family down for the funeral procession, for my kids to be able to tell their own grandchildren they were there for that, that is some moment in history to pay respects to.
I expect many will fell similar,obviously to show respect but also almost a sense of duty.

He didn't look well recently so not a huge surprise - RIP

Not looking forward to the clamour/scrutiny over whether Harry and Meghan attend a funeral. Corona rules may take that decision out of their hands I suppose.

I think he is/was one of the most popular Royals to be honest. He got a very flattering portrayal in The Crown which has probably given him a recent boost, and he had a lot of funny one liners that sometimes veered into offensive but were never really malicious.

Didn't take himself too seriously.
That's fair comment. But he is a royal (even if only by marriage). And this is a (predominantly) left of centre forum. There's quite a few names in my head of posters who will be, er, not exactly grief stricken at the news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.