Huddersfield(A) Post Match Thread

There should be a timekeeper adjudicating how much time each team deliberately 'wastes' & if they are losing at the end, that time doesn't get added on.

I've said before but I will long have left 323 before it ever gets implemented, if it ever does - the referee should not have timekeeping duties, and we should play a length of time (35 or 40mins) where the ball is in play. Cuts out all time wasting!

If a player commits a foul then it's a free kick, at least according to the Laws of the Game, and if he persistently fouls then he can get a yellow card, depending on the colour of the shirt and the ref in question. Why is a free kick not given for time wasting because if someone continually wastes playing time he can be booked. I'd like to see players penalised immediately with an indirect free kick! Indirect free kicks where the defence have to retreat to their goal line would cut out all the shite from goalkeepers picking the ball up, walking at 1mph and then placing it as far away from where it went out!

There should be a timekeeper adjudicating how much time each team deliberately 'wastes' & if they are losing at the end, that time doesn't get added on.
There shouldn't be any "added time", just a big clock that everyone can see that is stopped as soon as the ball is out of play for more than 10 seconds

There shouldn't be any "added time", just a big clock that everyone can see that is stopped as soon as the ball is out of play for more than 10 seconds

Out of play would have to include free kicks & goalkeepers pissing about of course.

That **** yesterday even went to pretend to tie his bootlaces at one point & the ref said fuck all.

Pretty clear after a win like that, no one will catch City in the Premiership as there's no chance a Pep coached side could collapse late in the season to the degree needed for others to take advantage. If nothing else, City will become increasingly difficult to beat domestically. When you see parked buses defend with great energy and still get undone, you begin losing belief you can turn a chance at getting a result into a reality

It'll be all about how many addtl trophies they can win

I've said before but I will long have left 323 before it ever gets implemented, if it ever does - the referee should not have timekeeping duties, and we should play a length of time (35 or 40mins) where the ball is in play. Cuts out all time wasting!

If a player commits a foul then it's a free kick, at least according to the Laws of the Game, and if he persistently fouls then he can get a yellow card, depending on the colour of the shirt and the ref in question. Why is a free kick not given for time wasting because if someone continually wastes playing time he can be booked. I'd like to see players penalised immediately with an indirect free kick! Indirect free kicks where the defence have to retreat to their goal line would cut out all the shite from goalkeepers picking the ball up, walking at 1mph and then placing it as far away from where it went out!
The theory is that free kicks can only be given when the ball is in play. Can't see that changing. Remember when Allison proposed free kick for deliberately giving away a throw in ?

Out of play would have to include free kicks & goalkeepers pissing about of course.

That **** yesterday even went to pretend to tie his bootlaces at one point & the ref said fuck all.
I hate it when the ref does do something about time wasting, it just plays into their hands. Even if the ref had booked the keeper yesterday there's absolutely no way he'd book him a second time if he carried on. The ref probably wouldn't add on the time he spent booking the player in the first place. Just stop the clock and job done.

Just my twopenneth.
HTFC had a plan, stuck to it and were difficult to break down as sticking every player behind the ball tends to do to the opposition.
Do we take it as a compliment that they didn't see the necessity to do this against anybody else and even had the temerity to attack and beat united? Not sure tbh and wonder if they'll do it again so well against Arsenal away form home or anybody else for that matter. Football comes in many different flavours and you're not going to like all of them and i must say although intriguing to watch that kind of dogged backs to the wall stuff is frustrating to watch. Getting something out of a game like that as the perpetrator of such tactics requires a ruthlessness to take a chance when it presents itself and the ability to defend for 90+ minutes without making a mistake. I'm afraid they did neither and although scored through a flukey OG without having another shot on target then couldn't defend well enough to stop us. The penalty was nailed on for me, you can't have both hands on a player from behind who has got goal side, notwithstanding the penalty Pawson didn't give for the keeper clattering him without the ball seconds earlier. The winner was a bit lucky in that it bounced off him and in, but the move to get himself there wasn't, all credit to Raz and he seems to have made a habit of this last 5 minutes stuff, long may he continue t do so.
Huddersfield fans were loud and proud despite the fan clappers and some of their fans think the ref was shite and gave us everything (laughable really) or we're a team of divers and cheats, not sure where that comes from (apart from Fernas Tom Daley impression). They claim to be unlucky or we were lucky (which is it?). I don't agree. If you employ those tactics its hard to win and if you get caught out by a good side you can't say you were unlucky. On another day Ageuro scores at least twice, Sanes free kick goes underside of the bar and we get both pens and it ends up 5. Would we still be lucky then?
Onwards we go. Southampton midweek and no doubt a few changes. Will they park the bus? I don't think so and I'm hoping for a flavour I prefer more.

I would double injury time played if a little player is booked for time wasting. It wood be a much bigger disincentive than the booking. Goalies are never suspended from accumulated points and I can't remember the last time someone got sent off.

However, I thought we started stalling free kicks etc once Sterling scored. I don't blame Huddersfield.

Otamendi seemed to have not of the ball yesterday than most other games I've seen. There were a lot of times he was restarting the move in a position which would normally have started with Dinho

Is this because Huddersfield were happy to let him have the ball or is it just a consequence of Stones being out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.