Huddles

adrianr

Just having a bit of a lazy Saturday with City on tv, and it reminded me of something from our title winning season, but something that still persists. We were constantly accused of having no team spirit, and we seem to love a good Stevie G motivational huddle, but just how many teams turned up at the Etihad, stepped out, promptly put their arms around one another, and left with a dry bumming anyway? Is it the reserve of the underdog? Even any use or just a good show for the fans?

I fucking hate that shit. Supposed to show some kind of togetherness, or someone gives the rest of the team some motivational shite talk - do it in the dressing room you cunts. As for Gerrard's now infamous huddle and chat - well what a monumental fucking choker he looks now.

Another one for me is that fucking stupid standing together with arms around each other on the halfway line at penalty shoot outs. What in the fuck of all that is good is that shite about?

9/10 it's for show. They know the camera of SKY is panning around them, and if they seriously do NEED to do it, then there is something fundamentally wrong with their pre-match in the dressing room. It's very cringy; almost as band as a band at a game, or those fucking rattles at Fulham.

I thought this for most of the season haha. Our players usually hug each other, shake hands etc on the pitch though before kick off

I fucking hate huddles!

They are absolutley pointless. If they haven't done enough bonding, motivational stuff or generally got up for the game before they go on the pitch a little team huddle isn't going to make up for it.

They are up there with music being played after goals in the (rather long) list of things that annoy me

Blue Hefner said:
I fucking hate huddles!

They are absolutley pointless. If they haven't done enough bonding, motivational stuff or generally got up for the game before they go on the pitch a little team huddle isn't going to make up for it.

They are up there with music being played after goals in the (rather long) list of things that annoy me

In a similar way, I watch the games on TV and they show the players lined up in the tunnel.
The ref gives the nod to walk out and Hart turns and shouts ''come on'' and a few others shout ''come on'' back. Does that really ''spur the lads on''?

Agree with the penalty shoot out arms around each other. It's all cliché stuff.

malg said:
I fucking hate that shit. Supposed to show some kind of togetherness, or someone gives the rest of the team some motivational shite talk - do it in the dressing room you cunts. As for Gerrard's now infamous huddle and chat - well what a monumental fucking choker he looks now.

Another one for me is that fucking stupid standing together with arms around each other on the halfway line at penalty shoot outs. What in the fuck of all that is good is that shite about?

Did you ever play football or a team game? I think it shows togetherness to each other. The way i see it is, if it works and it keeps you calm and believing, do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.