Hughes Fecking OUT!

Cheesy said:
blueju said:
To the best of my knowledge he took a shite Blackburn team to their most consistent and best league finishes for years and did well in domestic cup comps and did well with a shite Welsh team. What is hard to understand about a man who has played at the highest level for the biggest teams in the world and under the best club managers in the world having some footballing nous that might just help MCFC?
Forget the fucking self titled 'Hughes out brigade' , what about the unbelievable instant success brigade? Like i said, if you know your history of Manchester football you will find that one of our local teams 'one of the most successful teams in the world, ever' also wanted rid of an imbecile manager who didnt have a clue. Those same fans have questioned him down the years inbetween him building 4 world class squads and if they had had their way they would be about 14 titles behind Liverpool instead of 1. Just shows you eh? but then we know best

Blueju, please let me respond point by point...

He did OK with Blackburn (no better than Souness though, who actually won something with them). Perhaps he's cut out more for a job working with limited funds & workmanlike players.

Yes, he did a decent job with Wales however that's another example of workmanlike players again.

Good players (and he was very good) do not necessarily make good managers. In fact they rarely do.

Fergiscum was a proven winner before joining the rags. He took a team like Aberdeen to European success.

I never expected instant success. I've followed City for 30+ years so I don't expect a lot to be honest. I did expect progress, not for us to go backwards.

Backwards from? Erikson flattered to decieve last season. He had a couple of good wins, a lot of scrappy ones, and a lot of defeats where he reverted to type and had us sitting back after going a goal up. We havent gone backwards from KK's reign or Pearces, we have better players on board and unlimited funds. I keep reading posts on here saying 'i wouldnt give MH any more money ' well why not cos we have a bottomles pit. How do you know his choices in summer wont be as good as your imagined messiah? How do you know his players wont pull themselves out of their comfort zone and actually start sweating for the cause? I dont know but neither do you.

Cheesy said:
blueju said:
How the fuck can some 'City' fans question Mark Hughes' knowledge of football? He has forgotten more about top level football than every fcker on here put together. Getting a load of newbies and some young 'instant millionaires' to compete in our shirt every week isnt as easy as writing a few fckin words on here from the comfort of your wank pit, now is it? Fucking idiot 'football' fans demanding instant success and gettin so worked up....i could swear some of you only started watching football cos its trendy. Have you forgotten the shit we have been through for the lats 3 decades and how hard its going to be to change the whole Manchester City philosophy?

Have you any other reasons (tangible ones preferably, you know, where there's some evidence of his ability) why Hughes should stay (apart from the time & stability arguments)? By the way, that's a genuine question, so I'd appreciate a genuine repsonse. Go on, convince me...

the main reasons i want him to stay are his signings. so far he has brought quality players in who seem to give their all every game. we have money and i think he will spend it well and on the right sort of players we need to progress. all his players have a determined attitude to do everything they can in every game and this is bringing out better performances and attitude in other players.

i agree some of his tactics and substitutions have been strange but consier this. so far this season he has used 30 different players, this indicates to me that he is unsure himself of what the best team is, maybe due to injuries like petrov (who was our main threat last year), johnson, bojinov and benjani being out altering the way we play and i imagine his favourite XI and because there has also been a need to make changes to keep some players happy. he needs to give sturridge games as he is in his last year of his contract but has a 21 year old ienexperienced brazilian with a big price tag to try out aswell. then add the impact of the takeover and the robinho effect that made us a big scalp for many teams even though we are not at the top 4 level. 4 new signings put straight into the first team in january, again no consistency in team selection as some are ineligible in europe, some get injured. quite a turbulent season and although i think the results have been poor (especially away) i have also seen us play very well with some of the best football ive seen since bernabia and berkovic. we have also never really given in like we did last year, no 6-0, and 8-1 losses instead 6-0 and 5-1 wins.

basically its been a long season where i imagine hughes has learnt a lot about our squad. he will know who he needs to sell and will hopefully bring in more quality like zaba, kompany, de jong, given, shaun. it takes time to build a team and i think there are a lot of positive signs.

Cheesy said:
bluemoonmatt said:
Cheesy said:
blueju said:
How the fuck can some 'City' fans question Mark Hughes' knowledge of football? He has forgotten more about top level football than every fcker on here put together. Getting a load of newbies and some young 'instant millionaires' to compete in our shirt every week isnt as easy as writing a few fckin words on here from the comfort of your wank pit, now is it? Fucking idiot 'football' fans demanding instant success and gettin so worked up....i could swear some of you only started watching football cos its trendy. Have you forgotten the shit we have been through for the lats 3 decades and how hard its going to be to change the whole Manchester City philosophy?

Have you any other reasons (tangible ones preferably, you know, where there's some evidence of his ability) why Hughes should stay (apart from the time & stability arguments)? By the way, that's a genuine question, so I'd appreciate a genuine repsonse. Go on, convince me...

what about his buys cheesy, you cant deny Pab Zab and VK in particular are absolute quality. And in fairness the stability/continuity is a very convincing argument. For example Hughes gets sacked another guy comes and embarks reshaping the squad to his team, then because that doesnt happen overnight, he gets fired and we do it again and again ad infinitum. It is pretty much a fact that English teams that frequently change managers do not win trophies, and you cant really quote Chelsea because they were on the cusp of being a smashing side anyway (Lampard Terry J Cole, at the time Cudicini) and had already qualified for the holy champions league.

Matt, by & large his sigings have been very good, no doubt about that & I'll give credit all day long where I think it's due. Recognising quality players is a skill in itself, but it is different to getting the best out of them.

Appreciate the response, however to get the best out of players, you surely have to recognise their qualities, this takes time. Whatever is said about Hughes have we really gone backwards, I dont recall Sven had much luck in the cups, sure we are going to finish with less points than Sven but wev'e had a European quarter final, something this club hasnt had for over 20 years, and cup runs always leave a team jaded, carrying injuries etc and therefore impact on the league form. We've already scored more goals this season than we had in the whole of last season (in the league) and look likely to concede less, we had our humblings last season, Reading and Brum both beat us on their way to relegation, and we were held by possibly the worst ever prem team (Derby) along with being beat by Fulham, who last season were shit and of course the debacle on the last day. Now most (myself included) didnt want Sven sacked, much for the same reason I dont want Hughes sacked, however his record with us was fairly comparable to Hughes, yet there was an outpouring of emotion in his favour when it seemed the chop was inevitable. Yet Hughes just gets constant abuse from some, I find it hard to justify, and while I'm not going to level the "its just cos he's an ex rag" accusation at anyone in particular it seems hard to find other reasons for such a vitriolic campaign of hate. If the thai had sold up quicker then we may already have what many deem an "acceptable" and indeed world renown boss, but he didnt and for the reason I stated earlier (English clubs who change managers frequently dont win cups) I feel we should get behind him and the team.

I'm not accepting mediocrity, I'm accepting patience.

Re: Hughes Fucking OUT!

BlueMooney said:
True-Blue said:
I didn't even get a ticket, a season card holder and I saw people buying 20 at a time to sell them later. I watched the match and we played well, What happened with Fulham!? Exactly, Hughes is going backwards and we deserve better than this.

I didn't even make the journey to the ticket office and I got my seasoncard seat. I was stuck in Preston when they were selling like anyone's business, but a quick phone call ensured I'd be there...
Is the thread starter & Hughes outer going to explain this or was it made up????????
Not having a go mate it's just a credibility thing.

bluemanc said:
BlueMooney said:
True-Blue said:
I didn't even get a ticket, a season card holder and I saw people buying 20 at a time to sell them later. I watched the match and we played well, What happened with Fulham!? Exactly, Hughes is going backwards and we deserve better than this.

I didn't even make the journey to the ticket office and I got my seasoncard seat. I was stuck in Preston when they were selling like anyone's business, but a quick phone call ensured I'd be there...
Is the thread starter & Hughes outer going to explain this or was it made up????????
Not having a go mate it's just a credibility thing.

He appears to have done a disappearing act

Cheesy said:
Neil McNab's Tash said:
This website has a reputation of being full of complete whingers and pillocks, i never believed that crap, but some are starting to make me see why it could be true.

Says the guy having a dig at other posters in the very same thread.

Sorry Cheesy, I must learn to act with diplomacy like the rest on here!

Neil McNab's Tash said:
Cheesy said:
Neil McNab's Tash said:
This website has a reputation of being full of complete whingers and pillocks, i never believed that crap, but some are starting to make me see why it could be true.

Says the guy having a dig at other posters in the very same thread.

Sorry Cheesy, I must learn to act with diplomacy like the rest on here!

;-)

Sack Mark Hughes Sack Mark Hughes i am praying
Sack Mark Hughes Sack Mark Hughes i pray
Sack Mark Hughes Sack Mark Hughes i am praying
i am praying that hes gone in may

cyberblue said:
Fallingbostel Blue said:
BlueMooney said:
True-Blue said:
Don't give me this shit, will we play our heart out when all odds are against us? Fucking joke for a manager, our season is over.

Fucking depressing.............

Were not going to get relegated this or next season, I say we start again with a manager that appreciates our good players and knows a shit player, Geloson FUCKING Fernades!

Get the fucking gun! Welsh Turd.

Back in 1999, I was 11. City were 2-0 down at Wembley and I was crying. I had travelled from Anglesey, from a school trip, to London, before knowing I was going to have to return to a tent full of United fans. United had, a week earlier, won the European Cup and I was getting myself ready to face the jeers and taunts.

But Horlock scored on 90 minutes. And suddenly, those tears started more. Why had that bastard scored? City were never going to come back from two goals down. All he had done, the selfish wanker, was put more false hope into the crowd's hearts.

But then, from a long punt forward, the ball lands to Dickov. Who found the top corner. And the tears carried on. 2-2.

Tonight was the best atmosphere that stadium has ever seen. The team battled hard and were miles better than most of the football I've seen in that stadium. They deserved to win the match tonight. They deserved, in my albeit biased opinion, to win the tie. But they just, just missed.

Not one player on that pitch didn't give all they had tonight. Elano was a force I don't think I've seen since October 2007. Zabaleta was fierce, Richards was running on empty at the end. Bridge lost a tooth. Onuoha was a beast in the air. Kompany was strong in the tackle and played some superb passes.

Tonight, realistically, few of us expected us to get a semi-final place. We hoped and dreamed, but didn't expect. And we came so, so close. We were one goal away from forcing a team who, let's face it, are better than most Premiership teams, even if they're playing badly.

And after Hamburg scored, our hopes were dashed more. 80 minutes to find three goals against a top team. And we were inches away twice, and a yard away once. Ten seasons ago, we were 30 seconds away from another season in Division Two. Had we stayed in Division Two, I'm pretty certain we wouldn't be where we are now.

I fucking love this club.

Best post this season, my sentiments exactly

This is the attitude that will get us no-where. 10yrs ago this 5yrs ago that. what happens next year IF the 'inept one' is still in charge and we are unhappy with another embarrassin cup exit to the likes of Forest/Brighton or we are still in 11th place, will you be saying 'put it into perspective 11yrs ago we where 30secs away from another year in Division 2'?

Yeah constantly getting on the managers back and calling for his head would work much better, we could even have a new one every season..........FFS!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.