Hughes - I AM A BIG NAME [Merged]

Re: HUGHES - I AM A BIG NAME

Rammy Blue said:
bobmcfc said:
moomba said:
If Hughes first priority was to lower all of our expectations then I for one have to give him credit, he's certainly done a cracking job of that.

Steve MCLaren did a similar job of lowering the expectations of England supporters not that long ago. I always thought that he was just a rubbish manager, I now realise I was being incredibly harsh on him.

Personally I'd prefer a manager capable of raising, not lowering my expectations but thats just me.
i was thinking the same as this.

damn right, however as i have posted many times before Hughes certainly isn't lowering MY expectations - so confident am i that he won't be here next season i have stuck £50 on us to win the prem next year.

crazy i know but fuck it, I BELIEVE.

CTID

good on ya ! i dont think he will and by the sounds of it neither does he !

Rammy Blue said:
bobmcfc said:
moomba said:
If Hughes first priority was to lower all of our expectations then I for one have to give him credit, he's certainly done a cracking job of that.

Steve MCLaren did a similar job of lowering the expectations of England supporters not that long ago. I always thought that he was just a rubbish manager, I now realise I was being incredibly harsh on him.

Personally I'd prefer a manager capable of raising, not lowering my expectations but thats just me.
i was thinking the same as this.

damn right, however as i have posted many times before Hughes certainly isn't lowering MY expectations - so confident am i that he won't be here next season i have stuck £50 on us to win the prem next year.

crazy i know but fuck it, I BELIEVE.

CTID

So, if we win the title [seems highly unlikely] and MH is still here [seems far more likely] who will you donate the winnings to?

Re: Our Manager

celf said:
oh so lets change again for the sake of it hey!! and b shit and a laffing stock for another 33 yrs,God i dispare at some of us City fans,know wonder weve been shit for so long with fans like you!!!

If we keep him we'll be shite (stonewall guarantee)... so what have we to lose by getting rid?

There is a chance we will be better with anyone else in charge.

To say he built Blackburn is Bollox.

They won the League before he was there, they won the Carling cup a couple of years before he was there.

When they got into Europe they were unceremoniously dumped out by some unknown team.... some record.

Come, lets just stop bickering, accept he's shite and get rid of the clown.

Wow posting before a defeat now, makes a change though.

Shame it is still the same old crap.

How the fuck can you "stonewall guarantee" we will be shit next year ?????

If he dosnt get another year to gel the squad of quality players that he has bought, i will be shocked and disgusted.

The same shocked and disgusted, as when sven got the bullet.

Fuck Rag Sports who cares what they say. It is just MUTV.

Hughes is the man for the job, he needs TIME TIME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
When I read some of the stuff people have written on other threads I do genuinley think they would be happier back in the dark ages of 10 years ago. My views on Hughes have changed through out the season I am firmly now in the give him another year group. The squad was seriously unbalanced when Hughes took over, needed strength in the midfield Kompany De Jong we needed a decent left back Bridge. Addded on to this Robinho the stunning form of Stevie Ireland Nedum has look great at Centre Back Shay Given has saved us a fair few points in his short time here. All in all Hughes has improved the squad his signings have been spot on apart from Ben Haim. People may use Jo as well but he was coming regardless. People forget we didn't really have the money to spend when Hughes took over (we didn't realise Frank was skint) it was only when ADUG came in end of September we got the chance to sign Robinho.

So Hughes started with the squad that finished the previous season with an awful run in plus 2 or 3. since the Jan window shut his other new signings have bedded in we have improved and looked a good side playing with heart and passion. People forget we got into Europe via the back door we got the fair play place because the teams that finished above us in the Fair Play league where already in Europe so to say qualification is a must this year is a bit unfair with all the changes behind the scenes we where always likely to move sideways that upwards.

Also people keep banging on about the £100 million point being a lot of that was spent in Jan and seeing as clubs are aware of our wealth the price of any player instantly goes up. As I said before all the Jan signings have improved what we had. Given a summer of some more additions I would expect we will be top 6 next year. I was a Hughes Out myself but beginning to get it and also beginning to like it I am 31 yes thats right I have NEVER seen City win a top flight honour but if Hughes is given time I can see that coming to an end within 2 or 3 seasons

Good post.

scorer said:
celf said:
oh so lets change again for the sake of it hey!! and b shit and a laffing stock for another 33 yrs,God i dispare at some of us City fans,know wonder weve been shit for so long with fans like you!!!

If we keep him we'll be shite (stonewall guarantee)... so what have we to lose by getting rid?

They won the League before he was there, they won the Carling cup a couple of years before he was there.

When they got into Europe they were unceremoniously dumped out by some unknown team.... some record.

BORING!

Hughes has now made it clear he has had no promises that he'll be here next season, it makes complete sense for the owners to keep the options open and continuously review the situation, good to see.

As for:
"Three of the clubs I played for are in the Champions League semi-finals, so I think that underlines my credentials in terms of working with the best players at the biggest clubs.
No, there is a huge difference between working alongside the best players and managing them.

scorer said:
celf said:

And how many players from the league winning team were there when he took over? Its fucking ridiculous to suggest that he didn't do well with Blackburn, they cosistently did well on a very low budget they even got 4 points over the Messiah himself Sven.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.