Hughes wants Bellamy...

The big problem here is surely going to be wages.

I would imagine both Santa Cruz and Bellamy will be in £60-80K per week contracts.

I can't see Fulham getting close to that.

Didsbury Dave said:

I would imagine both Santa Cruz and Bellamy will be in £60-80K per week contracts.

I think ultimately what City are going to have to do is accept that they either drastically reduce asking prices, and the wage shortfall will be made up as some sort of signing on fee by Fulham OR subsidize the wages over the life of the contract.

Either way, by doing business in this way, with the new squad rules as they are - buying players before we sell them - means that somewhere along the lines we're going to take a serious hit on the likes of Stevie, Bellers, and RSC...

the goats backside said:
Ffs how many ungrateful dense idiots are there on here, we need Bellamy this year am not even bothering to explain why

Here, here. I was reading these comments and thinking how shallow we really are.

Hughes did a stirling job but for too many draws.

I agree in getting rid of RSC but Bellers needs to stay, I think he will get games, some full games but I think mostly as either a sub or a start and get subbed after an hour. He can and still will do a job for us.

My favourite player last season along with Tevez.

blue_soundwave said:
whynot? said:
Rsc can go sure, but have people noticed we don't seem to be in for a Bellamy replacement really? I may be wrong bit I think Mancini knows it would be stupid to sell one of our best squad players.

-- Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:20 pm --

Rsc can go sure, but have people noticed we don't seem to be in for a Bellamy replacement really? I may be wrong bit I think Mancini knows it would be stupid to sell one of our best squad players.

Balotelli.
Yeah though he might be played there. But Mancini wants 2 in every position right? Bellamy and balo surely?

alera said:
Would be a huge mistake to get rid of Bellamy IMO.

Playing regular he garantees 10 - 15 goals and a similar number of assists from the left wing. Few if any other players in the league can gurantee this.

He does not play regularly and guarantees nothing of the sort.

He has never scored 15 league goals in his career. He once got 13 for Blackburn and that's his best every Premiership haul. In another season he got 7 for Newcastle and 7 for Celtic in the SPL (a league where even Samaras is a goal machine).

He *might* guarantee you 10 league goals a season. If he likes the manager and isn't trying to engineer a move to another club. Which is exactly what is happening right now.

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I think ultimately what City are going to have to do is accept that they either drastically reduce asking prices, and the wage shortfall will be made up as some sort of signing on fee by Fulham OR subsidize the wages over the life of the contract.

This was inevitable when due to only the incompetence of the board we were offering players double the wages what anyone else in the world would offer them, despite being a step up from the clubs we were buying them from and a very good career move in some cases which should have made a deal pretty straight forward and colossal wages weren't necessary. A fucking joke really

I remember laughing at west ham when they gave Bellamy £70k a week or whatever it was as no one else would pay anywhere near that, then we come along and off him a fucking pay rise, ridiculous.

I'd like to think that, at least in some cases (robinho) we can tell them that they're not gonna be part of the 25 man squad and that if they leave they're going to have to accept whatever any other team offers them because we're not going to make up the rest even though we were stupid enoguh to offer them daft wages in the first place

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Either way, by doing business in this way, with the new squad rules as they are - buying players before we sell them - means that somewhere along the lines we're going to take a serious hit on the likes of Stevie, Bellers, and RSC...

The third possibility is that the players get a golden handshake from city.

Buying before selling is a rare tactic but maybe that's just because most teams can't afford it, can't afford to risk leaving the books unbalanced.

The wages for some of these players would always be an issue when it came to selling them on. They'll only move if they feel they want to or need to. Because of that, interested clubs are inclined to wait for them to engineer moves, or for City to become desperate to move them on.

If you think about it a different way, by leaving just a month left for deals to be done, the pressure is as much on the interested clubs and the outgoing players, as it is on city.

Squad rules seem to have made sitting in 'the reserves' is a much less acceptable option for them. and buying clubs won't have the time to engineer moves, or to play their hand slowly. if Bellamy looks at his options with two weeks to go, how brave does he have to be to sit tight for his favoured move to Tottenham? if they haven't made a solid offer, does he keep the faith that they can get a deal done? or does he have to start taking his other options very seriously? and if Tottenham are really keen, once other clubs show an interest, and time is running out, just how patient can they afford to be?

yes, city could end up with a raft of unhappy, unwanted squad members on their books. maybe even players content to mark time, and wait for another crack at getting a move next year. it's either a brave or stupid tactic. but I guess we haven't got much wrong so far this summer. we'll see.

The Fat el Hombre said:
BillyShears said:

This was inevitable when due to only the incompetence of the board we were offering players double the wages what anyone else in the world would offer them, despite being a step up from the clubs we were buying them from and a very good career move in some cases which should have made a deal pretty straight forward and colossal wages weren't necessary. A fucking joke really

I remember laughing at west ham when they gave Bellamy £70k a week or whatever it was as no one else would pay anywhere near that, then we come along and off him a fucking pay rise, ridiculous.

I'd like to think that, at least in some cases (robinho) we can tell them that they're not gonna be part of the 25 man squad and that if they leave they're going to have to accept whatever any other team offers them because we're not going to make up the rest even though we were stupid enoguh to offer them daft wages in the first place

Yep....agree with all of that.

I think it's best we clean house this summer though and only have players at the club who Mancini is interested in working with. We're going to need harmony and happiness in that dressing room to succeed this season...

If as some appear to be suggesting Bellamy is a disruptive influence at the club (may be just a rumour) then he will have to go. However he had a good season and I wouldn't want to lose him.

However if he must go far better it be to Fulham than Spurs or Everton.

Chick Counterfly said:
BillyShears said:

The third possibility is that the players get a golden handshake from city.

Buying before selling is a rare tactic but maybe that's just because most teams can't afford it, can't afford to risk leaving the books unbalanced.

The wages for some of these players would always be an issue when it came to selling them on. They'll only move if they feel they want to or need to. Because of that, interested clubs are inclined to wait for them to engineer moves, or for City to become desperate to move them on.

If you think about it a different way, by leaving just a month left for deals to be done, the pressure is as much on the interested clubs and the outgoing players, as it is on city.

Squad rules seem to have made sitting in 'the reserves' is a much less acceptable option for them. and buying clubs won't have the time to engineer moves, or to play their hand slowly. if Bellamy looks at his options with two weeks to go, how brave does he have to be to sit tight for his favoured move to Tottenham? if they haven't made a solid offer, does he keep the faith that they can get a deal done? or does he have to start taking his other options very seriously? and if Tottenham are really keen, once other clubs show an interest, and time is running out, just how patient can they afford to be?

yes, city could end up with a raft of unhappy, unwanted squad members on their books. maybe even players content to mark time, and wait for another crack at getting a move next year. it's either a brave or stupid tactic. but I guess we haven't got much wrong so far this summer. we'll see.

To be honest, I disagree with most of that. My understanding of the situation is that several players haven't left simply because nobody is prepared to pay City's asking price AND the players wages. Something's going to have to give, and I alluded to this in an Stevie Ireland thread the other day. If City want rid of players, then they should transfer list them and accept that they're going to take a hit. It takes the living piss when you've got players like Neds who have been City through and through, who the manager doesn't want, but who can't get a move because of City's prohibitive asking price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.