Hugo Larsson

Listen,i havent seen anything of this kid,but if he is good enough now to deputise for Rodri.......then fuck Brighton and Dortmund.....lets get him here asap!

The Prem and the manager might swing it Brightons.

Either would offer excellent opportunity in fairness.
As a swede, I would be surprised to see him choose City, the step from the poor Swedish league to Man City is simply WAY too big (right away) and he would most likely be loaned out. I would also be very surprised if Larsson himself (or any young player really) would choose Brighton over Dortmund at this moment in time if it would be down to him (but since both is probably seen as good options by Larsson it will probably come down to who pays the highest fee to Malmö). Dortmund is a huge club and a CL regular with a long track record of transforming young players into stars, Brighton is a small PL club thats played exiting football for a few months. Brighton have something good going on, but they are still far away from having more pull than clubs like Dortmund, AC Milan, Atletico Madrid etc, the clubs in the tier below top tier teams like City/Real/Barcelona/Bayern etc.

As a swede, I would be surprised to see him choose City, the step from the poor Swedish league to Man City is simply WAY too big (right away) and he would most likely be loaned out. I would also be very surprised if Larsson himself (or any young player really) would choose Brighton over Dortmund at this moment in time if it would be down to him (but since both is probably seen as good options by Larsson it will probably come down to who pays the highest fee to Malmö). Dortmund is a huge club and a CL regular with a long track record of transforming young players into stars, Brighton is a small PL club thats played exiting football for a few months. Brighton have something good going on, but they are still far away from having more pull than clubs like Dortmund, AC Milan, Atletico Madrid etc, the clubs in the tier below top tier teams like City/Real/Barcelona/Bayern etc.
I agree in the main with all of that,but as i said earlier.....if im a player,and the opportunity of first team football with a progressive club in the best league in the world lands in my lap......im taking it above any other league.

I agree in the main with all of that,but as i said earlier.....if im a player,and the opportunity of first team football with a progressive club in the best league in the world lands in my lap......im taking it above any other league.
Yeah, if Brighton keep doing what they are doing for a few more years I think their worldwide reputation would increase and more players could think like that. But as of today I think a vast majority of young players around the world would prefer playing CL football with a huge European club like Dortmund over a PL club thats never won a major trophy and that is expected to finish outside of European spots in the league next season (by bookies at least). Especially considering Dortmund have a track record second to none in recent years of transforming young players into stars. Playing CL with a huge club from Germany/Spain/Italy leagues simply has a lot more pull for most people than playing for a small club in the best league. Well, in Sweden thats how most people see it anyway, I assume people from GB might see things differently!

Personally I like Larsson and would be happy if City managed to convince him to come here. But if we do I would not expect him to see many, if any, minutes with the first team next season. As a swede I would obviously be happily surprised if he proved to already be good enough for City next season since our national team has been missing an elite CM for decades now :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.