I broke my leg last week, advice on how to cope with six weeks of inactivity welcomed.

Magicpole

Team supported
Celtic
I was out for a walk up Carlton hill, ok I was cruising, let it go. It had been pissing down, no change there. As I got to the circular path at the top, excellent vistas, I highly recommend it. I began my meander, I came up to a huge puddle covering the whole path, so decided to walk around it, up a small incline and down the other side. As I did, I swear on my hamsters eyesight, I thought, what would happen if you had a heart attack, how would the ambulance get you? Right then, and I mean as that thought ended, the ground, sodden with the rain, gave way and I went into a series of unnatural and obviously hilarious contortions on the way to the ground.

I heard cracking, twisting and crunching. I swung myself around, as my foot was caught and if I didn’t, my ankle would have snapped like a twig.

I got up eventually and my leg could take the weight, just, but it was excruciating. I hobbled a bit and as it was pissing down I had no one to help, or laugh at me. I did consider, for a second, phoning an ambulance, but then thought, fuck, what if someone really needs one and they come for me and that person croaks? So, phone back in pocket and I try to walk down the very steep hill to the street.

I will admit, it was not the best experience, but I finally made it down and phoned my lovely who came for me and took me to hospital. It was a break, my ankle was not broken but fucked as was my Achilles.

It has been a week and I have been told no back to work for another five weeks.

Has anybody any advice on how to fill the time? Tips for getting around? There’s a prize for the best suggestion. Although it will be shit, it’s still something.

Also, if you want to explain how you broke a limb, feel free. We could set up a support group. Or you could, I hate that sort of shit.

Several years ago I tour one of my biceps, tried to train through it, but never recovered. After operation told to rest and not train for at least 8 weeks, mate who is a doctor said ligaments take age to recover but all relative.

Take advice from the experts, especially on Bluemoon. Don't comb your hair with your broken leg/ankle you big jessie

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.