I feel bad...

Rushton121

Ok, so back in November my girlfriends aunty (without me asking) organised some work experience for me at the solicitors where she worked. I wasnt keen on doing it as soon as she told me but felt as though i had to cause she went out of her way to organise it for me, so it was sorted for me to come in for 5 days (2 days in manchester and 3 days in blackburn) starting in july. Soon as i heard it would be 3 days in Blackburn i didnt want to do it but me being me accepted it and then just left it. Now were in July and my girlfriends just popped out with "Oh dont forget youve got your work experience starting Monday" but i've now organised something else which i cannot get out of, so i've just emailed the guy who i was supposed to be doing the work experience with telling him i wont be able to come in....

Am i a horrible person?

you are a buffoon. If only you realised how many people would give their eye teeth for such an opportunity.

Depends, why can't you do it? Prior engagements or just bone idleness, if it's bone idleness, you are indeed a buffoon.

Rushton121 said:
Ok, so back in November my girlfriends aunty (without me asking) organised some work experience for me at the solicitors where she worked. I wasnt keen on doing it as soon as she told me but felt as though i had to cause she went out of her way to organise it for me, so it was sorted for me to come in for 5 days (2 days in manchester and 3 days in blackburn) starting in july. Soon as i heard it would be 3 days in Blackburn i didnt want to do it but me being me accepted it and then just left it. Now were in July and my girlfriends just popped out with "Oh dont forget youve got your work experience starting Monday" so now i've just emailed the guy who i was supposed to be doing the work experience with telling him i wont be able to come in....

Am i a horrible person?

Yes. Most definitely. ;)

yeah i forgot about it completely and organised something else which i now cant cancel :\
it's just the fact it was my gf's aunty who sorted it out for me

GStar said:
The people saying you're stupid for turning it down do realise you had already agreed to do work placement somewhere else, right?

Maybe if he'd have said that in the initial post we'd have known?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.