I finished my PhD thesis (and passed the viva!)

BingoBango

Okay, I still have to write a conclusion, but to all intents and purposes it's finished, all 107,000 words of the bastard. All being well, I can hand it in as planned at the end of September unless my supervisors rip it to shreds.

Not particularly interesting to most, but it's one of those things which you want to shout from the rooftops! I cannot put my relief at getting to this point, and I don't want to see it again for several weeks. Now I can look forward to enjoying the Wolves match with a big weight off my shoulders.

*goes for a lie down*

Re: I finished my PhD thesis

Thanks folks, it really is an astonishing relief to get it done. Still have to wait for my oral exam (fnar, fnar) in December/January before I can call myself Dr. I'm still plain old Bingo!

Phillip's about 40 years before my topic Zin, but nice to see you know your stuff!

Ronnie the Rep said:
History buff meself. I like mediaeval european and Napoleonic era. will we have to call you Dr Bango?

I must admit, I like reading about the Peninsular Wars myself.

BingoBango said:
Thanks folks, it really is an astonishing relief to get it done. Still have to wait for my oral exam (fnar, fnar) in December/January before I can call myself Dr. I'm still plain old Bingo!

Congratulations Doctor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.