I hate being told to sit down, when we are attacking....

dancity19

What are peoples views on this.
You are at a football game, you attack, it's pretty much natural, for me anyway, to get out of my seat when we are attacking with intent; I get excited.

I sit in the Colin Bell stand, level one, and don't stand throughout the game, but get up when we attack. On saturday though, a guy behind me tapped me and asked me to sit down as I was blocking his view. I controlled myself for the rest of the game, and I understand you can block others view....but it's a football game....!!!! I wasn't standing the whole game....just when we attack with real intent.

He asked in a decent manner, so I didn't stand. What really annoyed me though was, when he tapped me I turned round and said "what?"....to which an older guy next to him said "sit down you bloody pillock"...so I said "pardon...?" shocked that he had said that, to which he said "sit down you twat".

As petty as it sounds, it really irritated me, as there was just no need for it. Hardly offensive words, but just pointless. I'm not going to bed crying about it, but just annoyed me, as in that instance there was no need. I hate the attitude some older people have that they think they can talk to younger guys (I'm 23) however they want, just because we are younger.

Also...what do you all do, when you are inevitably told to sit down in certain areas of the ground. I love the position of my seats, and wouldn't change just so I could stand, but I do think getting told to sit down, when your team is about to score...at a football game is ludicrous.

just tell them to f off ;) get what you mean though a bloke that sits behind me always moans when I stand

dancity19 said:
You are at a football game, you attack, it's pretty much natural, for me anyway, to get out of my seat when we are attacking with intent; I get excited.

I sit in the Colin Bell stand, level one, and don't stand throughout the game, but get up when we attack. On saturday though, a guy behind me tapped me and asked me to sit down as I was blocking his view. I controlled myself for the rest of the game, and I understand you can block others view....but it's a football game....!!!! I wasn't standing the whole game....just when we attack.

He asked in a decent manner, so I didn't stand. What really annoyed me though was, when he tapped me I turned round and said "what?"....to which an older guy next to him said "sit down you bloody pillock"...so I said "pardon...?" shocked that he had said that, to which he said "sit down you twat".

As petty as it sounds, it really irritated me, as there was just no need for it. Hardly offensive words, but just pointless. I'm not going to bed crying about it, but just annoyed me, as in that instance there was no need. I hate the attitude some older people have that they think they can talk to younger guys (I'm 23) however they want, just because we are younger.

Also...what do you all do, when you are inevitably told to sit down in certain areas of the ground. I love the position of my seats, and wouldn't change just so I could stand, but I do think getting told to sit down, when your team is about to score...at a football game is ludicrous.

Well, I'd be offended if I was spoken to in that manner when God's Own were bearing down on an infidel penalty area.

I've no problem with standing at an away fixture and standing in the south stand, but the rules say 'persistent' standing, which yer weren't doing. Sound like bloody Rags to me! Some miserable fuckers about!

dancity19 said:

I sit in the Colin Bell stand, level one, and don't stand throughout the game, but get up when we attack. On saturday though, a guy behind me tapped me and asked me to sit down as I was blocking his view. I controlled myself for the rest of the game, and I understand you can block others view....but it's a football game....!!!! I wasn't standing the whole game....just when we attack.

Glen will be along shortly!.

Correct me if im wrong but the rules say no "persistant" standing. You are well within your rights.

At least he didnt get confused and think it was a rugby league match by bringing a drum

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
dancity19 said:

Well, I'd be offended if I was spoken to in that manner when God's Own were bearing down on an infidel penalty area.

I've no problem with standing at an away fixture and standing in the south stand, but the rules say 'persistent' standing, which yer weren't doing. Sound like bloody Rags to me! Some miserable fuckers about!

I got told to sit down at Madrid....if you go to an away match expecting to sit down for 90 mins....you shouldn't be going to away matches.

But yeah...glad you agree!

i think you should just be mindful of why people ask you to sit down. for home games i sit in Colin Bell levl one with my son who is 5 and my grandfather who is 80. One cant see even when he is standing and the other's knees dont work so stnading up and down isnt an option.

It wasnt us who you were near ill clarify, we would be more polite (the first time).

Its a real life advert for Safe stand and the FSF campaign but its all a no go in this country. If your in the SS or Asbo corner then i think standing is fair game and tobe expected, ditto at away games, but elsewhere in the stadium your going to find standing is more of a no no.

MCRJON said:
i think you should just be mindful of why people ask you to sit down. for home games i sit in Colin Bell levl one with my son who is 5 and my grandfather who is 80. One cant see even when he is standing and the other's knees dont work so stnading up and down isnt an option.

It wasnt us who you were near ill clarify, we would be more polite (the first time).

Its a real life advert for Safe stand and the FSF campaign but its all a no go in this country. If your in the SS or Asbo corner then i think standing is fair game and tobe expected, ditto at away games, but elsewhere in the stadium your going to find standing is more of a no no.

Completely understand what you are saying.
The guy who asked me can't have been over 28, so not sure of his issue. The older guy wasn't old enough to struggle to stand.
My main gripe was that, firstly, it was by no means persistent standing.....just when we are attacking with real intent, like almost everyone does.
And secondly, the fact that he was abusive in his request, absolutely no need for it. Like you said, you would be more polite.

I sit In the 3rd tier of the Colin bell and its like a morgue ! The old fans in that stand are annoying as fuck as like the original poster i stand up and try and sing etc ... When the "stand up if you love city" chant starts literally noone around me stands up and I do and get told to sit down by an old fart behind ! Il tell him to do one next time

I think you need to be aware who is behind you. Old peole can not get up and down like the rest of us, by the time they get up we are all sat back down again. There is a way to ask and being abusive is not the way.

I think clubs should allow for standing when selling tickets, if you want to sit start selling from the front row, standing sell from the back. It would allow the older and those with kids to be able to watch in comfort near th front and let those who want to stand do so behind them without being moaned at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.