"I Played For Man City Once You Know"

peter.evans said:
It always makes me laugh when you hear parents or relatives saying that their son is 'playing for City' ! What, him and about three thousand other lads aged between 8 and 13 who are not bad but are just being tried out in case 1 in a thousand of them might actually be good enough and make it one day ! Or at the other end you get the 'I played for City once' brigade who 'never actually played in the first team ' but were 'on City's books as a youngster' !! Yeah, bo*ll*cks, you've never played for City until you've played for the first team in a competitive game. Then you can go on for the rest of your life about how you played for City, but if not keep it shut and stop trying to show off !!

And if you'd represented City at some level you would never have mentioned it of course.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:37 pm --<br /><br />
sergiokun said:
My rag mate keeps telling me about 40 years ago a guy played his first game for city, scored a hatrick at smashed his leg against a post and could never play again. Is this my raggy mate talking crap as per or is this true

He doesn’t know his name

Never heard of that (but it could be my memory) and I was regular at Maine Road 40 years ago. I guess Gary James would be the man with a definitive answer.

Alex the Blue said:
peter.evans said:
It always makes me laugh when you hear parents or relatives saying that their son is 'playing for City' ! What, him and about three thousand other lads aged between 8 and 13 who are not bad but are just being tried out in case 1 in a thousand of them might actually be good enough and make it one day ! Or at the other end you get the 'I played for City once' brigade who 'never actually played in the first team ' but were 'on City's books as a youngster' !! Yeah, bo*ll*cks, you've never played for City until you've played for the first team in a competitive game. Then you can go on for the rest of your life about how you played for City, but if not keep it shut and stop trying to show off !!

And if you'd represented City at some level you would never have mentioned it of course.

-- Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:37 pm --

sergiokun said:
My rag mate keeps telling me about 40 years ago a guy played his first game for city, scored a hatrick at smashed his leg against a post and could never play again. Is this my raggy mate talking crap as per or is this true

He doesn’t know his name

Never heard of that (but it could be my memory) and I was regular at Maine Road 40 years ago. I guess Gary James would be the man with a definitive answer.

Thanks mate, prob my rag mate

Re: "I Played For Man City Once You Know"

peter.evans said:

Why does it make you laugh? Wether they are 9 or 19 they are still playing for Manchester city football club first team or not, and even if they don't make it at city could possibly make the grade elsewhere , so it's not showing off its just the truth.

Ron Phoenix ??

sergiokun said:
Alex the Blue said:
peter.evans said:
And if you'd represented City at some level you would never have mentioned it of course. -- Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:37 pm --
sergiokun said:
My rag mate keeps telling me about 40 years ago a guy played his first game for city, scored a hatrick at smashed his leg against a post and could never play again. Is this my raggy mate talking crap as per or is this true He doesn’t know his name
Thanks mate, prob my rag mate

charliebigspuds said:
peter.evans said:
[bigimg]http://www.buzzedup.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/angry1.jpg[/bigimg]
Hahaha......quality<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:48 pm --<br /><br />
peter.evans said:
Fuck me I bet you're great fun to be around

Gary Buckley, Gary Jackson, Geoff Lomax, Jamie Hoyland, Ronnie Hildersley, Ian Scott, Ian Thompstone, Jason Beckford, Mike Quigley, David Kerr, Chris Greenacre, Ray Kelly, Gary Mason, Nick Fenton, Steve Jordan, Ishmael Miller, Kevin Stuhr Ellegaard to name a few.

Colin_Bell said:
How many ex professional footballers or fringe youth players will able to tell there grandkids/kids that they once played for the currant Premier League Champions !!!

Tony Scully and Bill Williams are two that spring to mind for me

i dont really understand th OP, as the only players that can say they played for the current(a) premier league champs are the ones that played last and this season. Other than that all ex players can say they have played for what is a great club Manchester City !!

ps i have played on Maine Road twice and had to pick up my expenses from tony Books office at Maine Road after trials in the early 80's

ive played with rhys day before he joined city back in the late 90's. he was a fabulous defender. i think he played for the first team a few times.

ps. (i havent played for city though)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.