I was there when...

saw the l1976 league cup goal scored in 1975 by rodney Marsh qpr were the opponent s
Phil parkes in nets
i'm in row A
dead centre of the goal

great view of a fantastic goal

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
We played Liverpool in the FA Cup in 72, I think, in the replay. We had waited for hours in the rain for the gates to open, and when the game started, we made sure City were going to win.

The best atmosphere ever. Remember, we were rivals to Liverpool then, we beat them 2-0, but that night, I, along with thousands of others were there.

It really did crackle and pop.
that was the year sunderland beat us after replay so was 73.one of colin bells best games for city

MCFC_Freestyler said:
I was there on the 16th March 1996 when georgie skipped through the southampton defence without breaking a sweat and scored the greatest goal ever at Maine Road, IMO.

I was there for this ^^^

Great days.

Tuearts overhead kick at wembley

And to top it all I was there to see Colin the kings return from injury.

PS you're right Jim H, never heard such a roar since.

I was there at Colin Bell's comeback game (loony toon army, boxing day '77). 0-0 at half time. Bell was brought on as a sub for the start of the second half, and I swear to anyone on here, I've never heard Maine Road make a noise like it (even when we scored against the vermin). I was 15, and I shed a tear that day. And we went on to win 4-0 as well!

This is still the best

City 2 Newcastle 1 (76 League Cup Final)
10-1 versus Huddersfield Maine road
5-1 Scumsville (derby) 89
3-1 Scumsville (last derby at Maine Road)
4-0 Boro(league cup semi) Alan Oakes scoring a goal!

MCFC_Freestyler said:
I was there when we played wimbledon in a midweek game at maine road and there was only like 14 wimbledon fans there lol
I think "f**k off in your taxi" was the chant

Trigger said:
allan harper said:
going to villa only to get as far as blackpool and it was snowed off spent the day in blackpool ten pin bowling and getting drunk,
then the rearrannge mid week fixture stuffing them 5-1 at villa park.....think david white got a couple....

Went to Spuds only for a waterlogged pitch to cause a postponement one hour from kick off!

went on an all dayer in leeds when we discovered the villa match was off (don't ask)

had a b&b booked in london for the spuds match, and watched a big pre-match build up on football focus just before we left our room to go to the ground. discovered the game was off and went on an all dayer in london instead

Just sitting down in the kippax to watch the "big" screen as weikens and weaver sorted another goal for barlows tally.
thankfully the hand of goat sorted that little dilemma.

jimharri said:
I was there at Colin Bell's comeback game (loony toon army, boxing day '77). 0-0 at half time. Bell was brought on as a sub for the start of the second half, and I swear to anyone on here, I've never heard Maine Road make a noise like it (even when we scored against the vermin). I was 15, and I shed a tear that day. And we went on to win 4-0 as well!
that was the greatest day of my life ever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.