Ian Lawlor

FantasyIreland

Progressing nicely it seems,well done......

Shay Given ‏@No1shaygiven · 1h
Congrats to @Ianlawlor on his call up to the senior team for @FAIreland He has a great future ahead of him. Good luck & well deserved

Manchester City goalkeeper Ian Lawlor has been added to the Republic of Ireland squad for their remaining summer friendly internationals.

The 19-year-old, who played for the Under-21s in their friendly draw with the Qatar Olympic team on Saturday, has been drafted in for the games against Italy, Costa Rica and Portugal

Great for the lad. He played his first Under 21 game and now into the senior squad. The Irish keepers to be honest aint that great. So I think O Neill is looking at Lawlor now and hoping that he is going to be 1 for the future and be his long term keeper. Early days but he will learn a hell of a lot from these end of season games. Also who is to say that Lawlor wont be pushed into the Pants role at the club with Pants now gone?? Might be a bit young but with every player the more regular they play the better they become.

He'd be better going on loan to a Championship or maybe a Dutch side. Getting splinters in his arse won't be pushing Joe nor getting him game time. One or 2 seasons away I'd say so we need an older pro of about 34/35 on a 2 year contract.

Carver said:
He'd be better going on loan to a Championship or maybe a Dutch side. Getting splinters in his arse won't be pushing Joe nor getting him game time. One or 2 seasons away I'd say so we need an older pro of about 34/35 on a 2 year contract.

I guess so but he could always still play some youth football getting some sort of game time. I think maybe in the domestic cups he could well be given a chance. Why spend money on a new keeper when he will be back up to Hart. Think with Wright and Lawlor should be enough back up.

leighton said:
Carver said:

I guess so but he could always still play some youth football getting some sort of game time. I think maybe in the domestic cups he could well be given a chance. Why spend money on a new keeper when he will be back up to Hart. Think with Wright and Lawlor should be enough back up.

What if Joe Hart breaks his leg? Is Lawlor good/safe enough to step in and help win us the league? I doubt it yet, unless he's as good as the freak known as Courtois was at the same age. A loan would be good.

LoveCity said:
leighton said:
Carver said:

What if Joe Hart breaks his leg? Is Lawlor good/safe enough to step in and help win us the league? I doubt it yet, unless he's as good as the freak known as Courtois was at the same age. A loan would be good.

See thats the thing we will never know how good a player is until they get regular game time. So its pointless to say that Lawlor isnt good enough. Something must be good about the lad to be honest. If we let Pants go and there is no keeper in to replace him the Pelli must be happy with the 3 keepers of Hart , Wright and Lawlor.

leighton said:
If we let Pants go and there is no keeper in to replace him the Pelli must be happy with the 3 keepers of Hart , Wright and Lawlor.

We'll sign a keeper - maybe Caballero.

And I'm not saying Lawlor isn't good - on the contrary, he seems to be doing great for his age, but that doesn't mean he's ready to be relied on by the best team in England if Joe Hart gets crocked. He should go on loan somewhere he can play and adjust to the senior game in one of the most demanding positions of all.

LoveCity said:
leighton said:
If we let Pants go and there is no keeper in to replace him the Pelli must be happy with the 3 keepers of Hart , Wright and Lawlor.

We'll sign a keeper - maybe Caballero.

And I'm not saying Lawlor isn't good - on the contrary, he seems to be doing great for his age, but that doesn't mean he's ready to be relied on by the best team in England if Joe Hart gets crocked. He should go on loan somewhere he can play and adjust to the senior game in one of the most demanding positions of all.

Thats the thing where I think maybe we should hold onto him and bring him into the first team training sessions. I think he will learn more from shadowing Joe Hart than going on loan at the moment. I honestly think 1 more year away from going out on loan in my opinion. Who do we send him to in the first place you want your player to playing week in week out and in a keeper position thats hard to do at most clubs if they have a number 1 all ready.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.