Ibrahimovic and Mings banned for 3 and 5 games respectively.

Watching in super slo mo will always make it look worse .Any video replays should always be in real time as that is what the ref has to do.Yes look at it from many angles as possibles .At the end of the day as long as the right decision is reached that is the main thing and in this instance I think it was .

I think 5 matches is excessive and was given to send a message out more than anything. The standard three would have sufficed.

AFC Bournemouth have released the following statement with regard to the suspension given to Tyrone Mings
AFC Bournemouth are extremely disappointed with the FA Regulatory Commission's decision to find Tyrone Mings guilty of the charges against him and impose a five-game suspension, following Saturday’s incident at Old Trafford involving Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

We will study the detailed reasons of the commission once they become available but find it extraordinary that the charges can be described as ‘proven’ when there is absolutely no evidence to prove the incident was intentional.

It is our strongly held belief – backed up by our relationship with the player, and knowledge of his background and character – that it was an accidental collision.

Tyrone twice apologised to Ibrahimovic during the match for the accidental collision and also reiterated that there was no intent straight after the final whistle in a series of television interviews.

We fully support our player. Tyrone has an excellent disciplinary record and has not been sent off in 75 matches as a professional. During that time he has only received 13 yellow cards – the last of which came in April 2015.

The club will be making no further comment.
http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/...lease-suspension-to-tyrone-mings-3615694.aspx

Tyrone Mings has played 75 professional games.

He has never been sent off.

He has been yellow carded 13 times - the last of them being almost 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, I think this was apiece of deliberate and underhand misleading.

Matches played August 2015- Jan 2017: 11.

Not much of a claim that he hasn't been booked in that period.
The season before for Ispwich he got 11 yellow cards.

Unfortunately, I think this was apiece of deliberate and underhand misleading.

Matches played August 2015- Jan 2017: 11.

Not much of a claim that he hasn't been booked in that period.
The season before for Ispwich he got 11 yellow cards.
I'd say for a central defender to get no yellow cards in 11 matches is a decent enough record, maybe not quite the claim it seems to be but it still suggests he isn't a particularly dirty player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.