Iceland

The public baths are just as good as the blue lagoon and a hell of a lot cheaper, I went to this one at night it's decent.
Laugardalslaug

We did the brewery tour when we were there, can't remember which one it was but they basically just let you try loads of beer and the tour guide was great.

Svarta Kaffið is ace, soup in a loaf of bread, it's on the main street in reykjavik

Two funny things regarding Iceland but sadly of no help to the op.
I remember watching a Bjork interview once and she said she was confused then annoyed that when she came to the UK there was a supermarket using the name of her country.

Once in Shenanigans bar in Tenerife I was watching the act which was on called Loony Tunes. It comprised of a guitarist and singer, a Geordie called Dave Dean and an organist and singer from Manchester called Freddie Kaye. Great act, if you know you know. Freddie was a bit of a comedian and used to ask where people were from, then take the piss out of them. One large drunken bloke was shouting at Freddie and it turned out he was from Iceland. Freddie was ripping him a new one when the bloke kept shouting they'd won the war, beating the UK. He was baffled as to what war the bloke was on about for a bit. It turned out he meant the cod war, a big diplomatic fishing incident years ago. The poor bloke got slaughtered, "Ohhh dead hard, you won a fishing contest!" etcetera, it was as funny as fuck. The bloke, not having seen Freddie before, became enraged at his piss taking and was about to go on stage and attack him until a few of us who knew him stepped in and he left.
I guess not being so used to cheap booze he got slaughtered very quickly in Tenerife.
They did a reunion show together at Inn The Pink a couple of weeks ago when Freddie was over on his holidays.
Icelandics are similar to Norwegians when anywhere in Spain. They just get twatted all day because they’re used to paying about 11€ a drink so getting one for 1.50 is too good a deal not to drink themselves into a stupor!
Pains in the fucking arse by about 8pm!

The public baths are just as good as the blue lagoon and a hell of a lot cheaper, I went to this one at night it's decent.
Laugardalslaug

We did the brewery tour when we were there, can't remember which one it was but they basically just let you try loads of beer and the tour guide was great.

Svarta Kaffið is ace, soup in a loaf of bread, it's on the main street in reykjavik
Queuing at the door of Sparta Kaffio on cold evenings - always a good sign.

They did a reunion show together at Inn The Pink a couple of weeks ago when Freddie was over on his holidays.
Icelandics are similar to Norwegians when anywhere in Spain. They just get twatted all day because they’re used to paying about 11€ a drink so getting one for 1.50 is too good a deal not to drink themselves into a stupor!
Pains in the fucking arse by about 8pm!

I was there mate, known Freddie and Dave for years. Freddie lives in Wales now in one of those park homes with his missus Paula. He does his own show but I heard he's thinking of teaming up with another bloke and reforming Loony Tunes.

Been a few times over the years and it's a brilliant place

The prices aren't cheap though but there was an app called something like "Happy Hour" which tells you where to go for the 2-4-1 deals which they have. It's well worth using that.

I've done the Golden Circle tour and agree it's well worth doing. I don't think the Blue Lagoon is open though which is a shame. As someone else said, try the public pools as they are heated and outdoors. The whale watching is supposed to be good but when I've been it's been a bit choppy and I get seasick haha! If you do some tours then keep an eye out for steam just coming up out of the ground, it's just insane!

It's a brilliant place and on Fridays I don't think I've seen a more pissed up but friendly party across the main bar area in Reykjavik haha! They get proper steaming! It might be worth checking the prices of spirits if you are into them as it could be cheaper in Duty Free than over there. They tend to get pre loaded before heading out.

You will have a great time!

I was there mate, known Freddie and Dave for years. Freddie lives in Wales now in one of those park homes with his missus Paula. He does his own show but I heard he's thinking of teaming up with another bloke and reforming Loony Tunes.
Think it was about 93/94 when I met them in The Brewers. They had a decent run over there tbf.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.