Idea for the forum?

markbmcfc

Firstly, i know this is Ric's forum and i totally respect that, im just coming up with this idea as a little bit of fun for all members and mods, given all the doom and gloom going on at the mo.

What do people think of having a "Guest Mod of the month" competition? Where members nominate during the last week of any month who they think should be a mod for the next month, based on quality and quantity of posts for that perticular month, only rules are you cant nominate yourself and no member can be mod two months in a row. Then one of the mods can put up a poll with the nominees, and people vote at will.

Thought it was a decent light hearted idea that benefits the forum as well as members having a bit of fun.

Didnt know whether this should have been off topic or PM'd directly to Ric so ive just stuck it in here lol, apologies if that was wrong of me.

If everyone thinks this is shit and im a dick, please can a mod delete this and we can all get back to David Villa threads :)

Would we have to go to the nearest village hall to vote?Only it's cold outside and usually pension day is the only time i go out.

Nice idea though.It would have to be heavily vetted though.Can you imagine someone with mod powers who was a fake City fan?

BimboBob said:
Would we have to go to the nearest village hall to vote?Only it's cold outside and usually pension day is the only time i go out.

Nice idea though.It would have to be heavily vetted though.Can you imagine someone with mod powers who was a fake City fan?
They would have post very well over a whole month. I don't think any RAG could keep that up. Plus I would expect that the poster with the most votes would be a well known member on the forum.

markbmcfc said:
Firstly, i know this is Ric's forum and i totally respect that, im just coming up with this idea as a little bit of fun for all members and mods, given all the doom and gloom going on at the mo.

What do people think of having a "Guest Mod of the month" competition? Where members nominate during the last week of any month who they think should be a mod for the next month, based on quality and quantity of posts for that perticular month, only rules are you cant nominate yourself and no member can be mod two months in a row. Then one of the mods can put up a poll with the nominees, and people vote at will.

Thought it was a decent light hearted idea that benefits the forum as well as members having a bit of fun.

Didnt know whether this should have been off topic or PM'd directly to Ric so ive just stuck it in here lol, apologies if that was wrong of me.

If everyone thinks this is shit and im a dick, please can a mod delete this and we can all get back to David Villa threads :)

somebody would get happy and delete threads here there and everywhere, or they would just completley fck the forum up

markbmcfc said:

Great idea a guest mod it will be like that famous funboy 3 song. The Lunatics have taken over the asylum

ratherdeadthanred said:
markbmcfc said:

somebody would get happy and delete threads here there and everywhere, or they would just completley fck the forum up

But you can limit modding powers.A better idea would be a "Poster of the Month" competition with a special avatar/sig for them to use.

ratherdeadthanred said:
markbmcfc said:

Surely someone like that wouldnt meet the bolded criteria? Also, they would have to be nominated and then voted for by several people, i doubt someone that popular would then go and mess things up. Plus if there are cases where someone is abusing the position, its only a few clicks to remove the access.

BimboBob said:
ratherdeadthanred said:

But you can limit modding powers.A better idea would be a "Poster of the Month" competition with a special avatar/sig for them to use.

Better idea, less risky as well

BimboBob said:
ratherdeadthanred said:

I'd prefer to go with a "Twat of the Month" competition. We'd give them a 'special' avatar that would appear on every thread they post. There'd be some stiff competition for the award.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.