If it's not the money, what were the promises made ?

Impeccable One

I see the post speculating that 'one' (think Kia refers to multiple) of the promises that Cook made and has not delivered is a swap of manager.

I do not believe this is the case.

But, I'm at a real loss to think of what the promises could have been.

If Kia is to be believed (yes, I know he's a ^&$^&@$&^$@ sack of %^#%&^%#) they have nothing to do with money, and if it was anything to do with Champions league qualification, this is something that is easily handled within a contract. I see some articles state Kia has said they are verbal promises, which probably mean they wouldn't typically be included in a contract/written agreement.

What do you 'wise ones' think these promises could be ?

letting aside money there can be only one thing to interest the likes of carlos and kia :

MORE MONEY

Much as I hate the phrase, it is the elephant in the room.

Whatever these "promises" are, I really hope that this doesn't escalate into a tit-for-tat PR war in the press. I've seen signs of it today.

That can only be bad news for all concerned.

Get it sorted behind closed doors please.

This is the third post saying effectively the same thing.

Can we merge these so the wums, conspiracy theorists and other assorted idiots can all talk in the same place ?

1. The South Stand to be renamed 'The Joorabchian-Bollinger End'
2. A large chapel to be erected at Sportcity to allow peasant worship of Carlos Tevez (daily congregation to be led by Garry Cook).
3. Carlito's face to be rendered in the seats of the Colin Bell Stand (useful for deterring helicopters).

You obviously can't realistically promise someone the Champions League, only the goal of Champions League.

If this was so important to them then they would have had a get out clause inserted in the contract and not simply signed up for 4.5 years irrespective.

Its more bollox from KJ. Its about money.

Given Joorabchian's experience in negotiating contracts it is hard to see what 'promise' could not be provided for with Tevez's contract with the club. It would be absurd of him to even suggest that he was happy to take verbal undertakings, moreover it would be even more absurd for him to suggest that those undertakings were of any import to him and his client if they weren't included within that contract at his insistence

Sorry but any agent worth his salt would not agree to a verbal agreement - it's bollocks there was no promises, he has been tapped up they thought they could get a quick out and thought that City would roll over, this hasn't happened and now they are both being shown for the money grabbing knobs that they are.

The only things that crossed my mind when I read Joorabchian's statement were, change of manager, Champion's League football at the end of the first season or he could leave, certain players to stay or a change of tactics which meant that he wouldn't be up front on his own every match. The very realistic alternative is that Joorabchian is talking bollocks and no promises have been broken or that the promise was about money. Personally, I don't even want to know, I'd rather this was all settled as amicably as is possible and certainly behind closed doors because if things like this start coming out, it could be even more damaging to the club and the season.

it does make you wonder as Kia said that Cook would sort out the promises after August and the transfer window had shut and that Tevez was happy to wait until then for City to sort it out. So it couldn't of been manager or players.

Maybe it was the serviette that Cookie showed to Noel Gallagher?

Like Didsbury Dave said, I hope it doesn't become a tit for tat PR battle (although Kia and Tevez are doing a great job at the moment) but I can see the alledged emails being made public sometime soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.