If we never sacked Hughes

forevermancity

Does anyone think that if he was given 6 more years with all the backing the other 2 managers have had, that he would have won 2 leagues, 2 league cups and an FA cup? Or more? Or less?

Very intriguing question that some blue asked me yesterday at the match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone think that if he was given 6 more years with all the backing the other 2 managers have had, that he would have won 2 leagues, 2 league cups and an FA cup? Or more? Or less?

Very intriguing question that some blue asked me yesterday at the match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No but we would be much stronger in the second half of the season and our training ground would be fit for purpose.

I think we would have just strengthened the squad a bit more then sacked him a bit further on.

Like Pellegrini now, he was given the best tools available at the time & couldn't get the balance right between attack & defence. He was a manager for 'where we were' at the time who didn't show enough to suggest he would become an 'A' list manager in the future.

A question would be which manager would have replaced him if it had been done in a more ordered manner & whether they could have done what Mancini did.

I would think that after 6 years he'd of won quite a bit otherwise he wouldn't of got 6 years! Dire manager, dire football.

Its said Hughes has done a great job at Stoke, but has he?

If you look at their squad of players it's as good as teams in the top 6 yet the they are just above teams like Bournemouth, Swansea, Palace, WBA, Norwich.

Butland, Shawcross, Arnautovic, Afellay, Imbula, Shaqiri are quality players. It's the best Stoke squad I have seen, and if a handful of games they have played great football, but for the players they have brought in they should have done better. No Cup runs either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.