Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always stuck up for him,you can't blame him for being tackle shy with his last injury fresh in his mind,he is quality

Don’t think he is tackle-shy. His reading of the game is often that sublime he doesn’t need to tackle. I don’t understand why so many on here think a defensive midfielder needs to tackle all the time.
The once great Johan Cruyff said when a player runs and tackles a lot he suffers from reading the game properly.

Don’t think he is tackle-shy. His reading of the game is often that sublime he doesn’t need to tackle. I don’t understand why so many on here think a defensive midfielder needs to tackle all the time.
The once great Johan Cruyff said when a player runs and tackles a lot he suffers from reading the game properly.

They usually need to cover defenders and stop attacks.

Yesterday he did very little of either & was ok rather than good on the ball, often receiving it facing our goal, lika a Dier or Henderson, rather than on the half turn.

But we won so nobody cares.

Yesterday he did very little of either & was ok rather than good on the ball, often receiving it facing our goal, lika a Dier or Henderson, rather than on the half turn.

Please, tell me how many chances Spurs created?
Ok on the ball? my god. He set us through 2/3 times with fantastic passes from deep.
I agree that you want the DM taking the ball on the half turn but that can be very difficult with a high pressing player on your back. In general, kept the ball excellently, did most of his defensive work well, and created a few chances from deep. Excellent performance.

Exactly. He’s one of the reasons Spurs had so many attacks against us.

Most of the time he got the ball from Kompany or Laporte and simply passed it back to them. Gundogan was also not dropping deep enough to receieve the ball from Ederson as Fernandinho often does.

Please, tell me how many chances Spurs created?
Ok on the ball? my god. He set us through 2/3 times with fantastic passes from deep.
I agree that you want the DM taking the ball on the half turn but that can be very difficult with a high pressing player on your back. In general, kept the ball excellently, did most of his defensive work well, and created a few chances from deep. Excellent performance.

I can't tell you how many times they had the ball centrally ten yards outside our box with no midfielder anywhere close to stopping them, but it was for most times they got forward.

Luckily we marked Kane out of the game & tended to get numbers back to mug them when they got in the box, apart from when they scored and we had no def mid to pick up the run from midfield.

Exactly. He’s one of the reasons Spurs had so many attacks against us.

Most of the time he got the ball from Kompany or Laporte and simply passed it back to them. Gundogan was also not dropping deep enough to receieve the ball from Ederson as Fernandinho often does.

Yep, both Silva & KDB started having to drop in to try & start attacks, and started getting it wrong when they tired, hence Spurs were actually outpassing us for periods of the game.

Yet we had this guy who is better than Fernandinho on the ball, so it makes you wonder how & why.

Yep, both Silva & KDB started having to drop in to try & start attacks, and started getting it wrong when they tired, hence Spurs were actually outpassing us for periods of the game.

Yet we had this guy who is better than Fernandinho on the ball, so it makes you wonder how & why.

I was nervous until we scored the third goal. Fernandinho is always making interceptions, stopping attacks with his reading of the game. He is a different class and just because we won the game doesn’t mean we didn’t miss him.

You don’t half post some fucking shite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.