Ilkay Gundogan

Cheadle Blue

I know its exciting times, the likes of Sane, Gabriel Jesus etc, but I can't wait to watch this fella play

He is absolute class....just makes it look so easy....the man is obscene

As long as his Knee Ball holds together! Fantastic player and does all the things Yaya has stopped doing. We would be so much better with Ilkay and F'dinho in midfiled.

He'll be fine, his one big injury was a back problem that's sorted now.

The are exceptionally few players in our league that do what he does, yaya was/is one of the others.

Insane signing at 20 million. Mind you it also opens up us going for quicker players with not as great a passing range in Sane. I think Pep realized we have amazing passers in KDB, Silva and Nasri at the front and probably added Gundogan as one from the midfield. He will start every game he is fit.

Its going to be a very common tactic of having Gundogan on the ball and then him playing the winger with an insane through ball, hence using their pace in the most effective manner.
It won't be like under Pellers where we just feed the ball to Sterling in a safe position expecting him to beat 2 people to get into a decent position. It is going to be more of Sterling running into empty space and Gundogan spotting and delivery right there.

Hasn't been talked about much because he didn't cost much and a brain washed misconception of him being 'injury prone'..Other than Xavi,he is the only MF that i've seen make prime Xabi Alonso look championship level in a game..Class signing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.