ill for Christmas

BlueHammer85

Who else has got the cold/flu bug ?
Think I’ve got a chest infection also, tried doctors for over an hour and given up.
Sat in bed, shivering cold with a painful cough. Xmas ruined for me.
No sympathy required.

I started with it Sunday. By Monday morning I was a mess. I’ve had the week off, which causes no end of shit in the NY.

I think since Monday I’ve eaten 3 soup, a yoghurt and a bit of toast? Even today I’m not right. It has been horrendous and the cough is just sat on my chest not budging.

Think I’ve got a chest infection also, tried doctors for over an hour and given up.
No sympathy required.
Yep, I woke up this morning with a headache and sore throat, great start to my 5 days off.

Wife has had a bad cough for many weeks and currently feels like shit.
Kids all bad, M-I-L as well but I'm healthy as an Ox.
No doubt I will wake up Xmas morning feeling like shit.

No sympathy required.

A bunch of folk i work with have what you are describing. Seems a nasty flu going about. But they all came out to the staff christmas night out on Friday there.
I didn't bother going, said I was unwell and didnt want to give anyone anything. But really, I wanted to try avoid getting it myself.

Mrs has just been down the doctors and they've told her she's got Laryngitis

Was hoping she'd get some antibiotics but they've said it won't clear it up any quicker

Poor thing had Covid last Christmas as well, but what can you do

Never known so many people to be ill at the same time

Yeah lying here burning up and feeling dog rough. Can still type though so can't be that bad! I can't remember feeling ill over the Christmas period in the last 20 odd years, so in fairness I've had a good run. Rest of the family more concerned about who's going to cook Christmas day meal for them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.