I'm off to watch The Dark Knight tonight

HelloCity

8pm showing at the IMAX in the Odeon. Not been this excited for a film since...forever, and not the Batman kind.

Good question. From a media point of view, who knows? But plenty of normal folk have hailed Ledger's performance as fantastic. Suppose the best way to find out is to go and watch it for yourself.

mighty blue-sh said:
Would his performance be classed as being that good if he was still alive?

yes and no.

he would've gotten rave reviews either way, but the media latches on to the posthumous factor so hard that it seems as though people are afriad to critique his performance at all.

but with that said, i'm not sure what you could really critique about it, i thought he was brilliant.

saw it last night, thought it tried to be too clever for its own good. Enjoyed it though.

heath was brilliant, became his film.

Blu KB said:
saw it last night, thought it tried to be too clever for its own good. Enjoyed it though.

heath was brilliant, became his film.

Kind of agree with the 'clever for its own good' remark. Kind of.

I just think the film went in the direction of ethical behaviour and choices, which was a risky move as there was a lot of action, but ultimately the underlying message filters through.

I wonder if the direction of the films story development was forced down a certain path due to the star of the film dieing halfway through...I dont know how much of it was completed before he went but i noticed the joker didnt actually die for instance (unless i was snoozing) it was 3 in the morning at that point.

BTW Bigga

I know your a big film buff:

Was there a cinematographers dipping of the cap (so to speak) to the film "Shane" when Commissioner Gordon's lad came running out the building and shouted at the departing Batman? He didnt exactly say "Batman...Come back" But it struck me as very similar!!! what do you recon?

brass neck said:
I wonder if the direction of the films story development was forced down a certain path due to the star of the film dieing halfway through...I dont know how much of it was completed before he went but i noticed the joker didnt actually die for instance (unless i was snoozing) it was 3 in the morning at that point.

BTW Bigga

I know your a big film buff:

Was there a cinematographers dipping of the cap (so to speak) to the film "Shane" when Commissioner Gordon's lad came running out the building and shouted at the departing Batman? He didnt exactly say "Batman...Come back" But it struck me as very similar!!! what do you recon?

That would be a very good call, actually! In many films, there's lots of 'hat tipping', but you would be hard pressed to note it unless obvious. Even I didn't think about it til you mentioned it! Good spot.

BTW, Ledger had finished his part in the film, when he died, so I would say the direction is the same as intentioned. After all, there's too many key conversations and you would notice the flow change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.