I'm starting to believe

Mr Rich

The middle of nowhere...the centre of everywhere
I actually think City have a shot at something, this is something I've never experienced before as a City fan.

Only being alive for the last nearly 2 decades I've never had the experience until now of going to a City match sitting down and going 'yes, we can actually win this match', rather than going 'ooh it's Bolton, I know we're better but they could score first and we won't be able to get one back'.

Now when City go behind I think, 'oh well we'll still win'. The team we have is built with a winning mentality which is obvious to see.

If we win tomorrow, which is a big IF City go third in the league, and I can't say we don't deserve it. We have actually been THE most consistant (maybe not fantastic) performers in the league, FACT. The only team we've lost to (if we live in Fergie time) is the rags, who could not beat Sunderland at home; Chelsea lost to Wigan; Arsenal could not beat us; Liverpool have lost 3.

Two wins would put us joint top with Chelsea, even 1 win and loss from our games in had would put us 3rd. Is it time we all believed or will each and everyone of our dreams be crushed all to quickly like every season?

MY DREAM IS CITY!!

I honeslty think we have the best squad in the league on paper. If we can get the balance right we are in with a chance of winning something.

Liverpool and Arsenal look weak at defending, Manyoo have been shown to be a lot weaker than last season especially in midfield and I wonder if Chelski might struggle near January when players leave for the ANC and they are unable to bring in any more players.

And here's what it means.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142989" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142989</a>

Mr Rich said:
Only being alive for the last nearly 2 decades I've never had the experience until now of going to a City match sitting down and going 'yes, we can actually win this match', rather than going 'ooh it's Bolton, I know we're better but they could score first and we won't be able to get one back'.

My thoughts exactly. It's a strange, but great feeling! Most of the games this season I will probably be thinking we should win this one, and it's a brand new feeling, indeed.

After Villa we have 4 more games which i would expect us to win (No easy game though)

I'd also expect us into the last 8 of the Carling cup then too.

If we can beat Villa then i really fancy us for the next 5 (Including cup) which would see us on 11 Played 30 points. Thats incredible, then we would come up against a Liverpool side atleast potentially 6 points behind us (2 games in hand on them now) The more i think about it the more excited i get. Tomorrow night is our best test yet to see how far we've come imo. The Top 4 would expect to go there and see plenty of the ball and come away we 3 points, thats exactly what we should be looking to do.

lovely optimism and yes your quite right the others can slip up too
the away form has to be better than last season to be really serious of being in the sky 4

already we have started away from home far better so your optimism is justified so far
im sure we will have days at wigan,wolves,hull etc where we may "be tested" and under the cosh.any home team playing against city last season would score past us and create plenty of chances,no matter who they were!

if we have tevez,bellamy etc hurrying them and chasing them down then their options are limited(and rushed).still work to do on our defence but rags are leaking,liverpool =leaking,arsenal=leaking,chelsea=leaking.lets get on with what we are doing and even turn a crap performance into a draw.then we can be considered.

Dont worry lad, I am nearly 40 and feel the same way!

I think tomorrow is the acid test. It will be hostile and they are a good side but it's the type of game the "big" teams get something out of and I can't remember Villa twatting any quality sides at home in recent years.

Come on City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.