In reality do we only have one decent centre back?

kiam06

I've noticed in recent months with Vinny being in and out that the cover we have is just not up to it and I'm afraid I think Nasty has been exposed for me as not being as good as we originally thought - I actually think he is carried by VK when he plays as are all the back ups.

When VK doesn't play it all looks a bit shambolic to me and I think it's imperative we let a couple move on and get a couple of top class centre halves in who we know will stay relatively injury free.

Once we get this stability I think the whole team will benefit as the attacking players will not have to cover as much as they do now.

It's a cliche but I honestly do think 'the best defence wins the league' and at the moment I do not think that is us. ( and I'm not just talking stats I'm judging on what I see)

Well let's puts it like this:

Can i think of 3 or 4 strikers in the Premier League that would walk into our team? No.

Can I think of 3 or 4 midfielders in the Premier League that would walk into our team? No.

Can I think of 3 or 4 centre backs in the Premier League that would walk into our team? Yes.

Thought Demechellis was becoming a really dominate centre back but Pellegrini had to keep playing him and he liked played 6 games on the bounce in about 3 weeks and picked up an injury so we are short at the back

No nasty is top quality just finding his way back after injury and demichellis and lesscott are more than good back ups think we could do with signing a real world class center half to replace lescott in the summer so we can rotate.

Nastasic is a great prospect but right now he is still very raw and lacks the maturity to be a permanent fixture.He needs to learn to be that bit more authorative and commanding and maybe up his aggression a touch as,personally,i often think he looks a bit too laid back.

FantasyIreland said:
Nastasic is a great prospect but right now he is still very raw and lacks the maturity to be a permanent fixture.He needs to learn to be that bit more authorative and commanding and maybe up his aggression a touch as,personally,i often think he looks a bit too laid back.
I agree there is potential but he should be back up not a starter IMO we need someone a bit more reliable and switched on but I'm sure he will get there he's just not impressed recently.

Its like an atomic clock this forum you can tell the time by it..

Like Ducado says.. one below par performance and the ballerinas start the dying swan routine..

The reality is we have an incredible nucleus of about 8/9 players. If at least 4 or 5 of those players don't start a game then we get found out very quickly.

We still need a top quality centre half & centre mid.

No.

We have three decent CB's and one world class CB.

At the level we are at now another world class CB combined with another wold class CM and left back would make us unstoppable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.