Incredible co-incidences

Twenty seven years ago we lost our first son,who was only seven days old.He had congenital heart disease with bits missing and other parts not fully formed.He was due to go to Liverpool that final day but he didn`t make it and passed away in the wifes arms.
As you can expect the grief was unbearable.
On the day of Matthews funeral it was a bitterly cold and wet October morning.He was buried at the church and amongst the floral tributes the wife had written on his two sisters card the following words "Teddy Bear hugs from Jade and Butterfly kisses from Jodie" The two girls did not attend the funeral but we took them to the church later that afternoon so they could see the flowers on Matthews grave.
I had a lump in my throat and the wife had a big smile on that visit as there amongst the flowers was a brown butterfly !! It stayed there for about 5 minutes and then took off into the distance.
In no way shape or form am I either a Christian nor a believer in angelic signs, but that was one time I wondered if it was just a coincidence or something more, that would see a butterfly in those October conditions.
Who knows, but we`ve both often commented on that day and the proceedings.
wow that was some moment I can imagine - thanks for sharing oakie

wow that was some moment I can imagine - thanks for sharing oakie
I forgot to add mate,that when we left our house,with us behind the hearse,the weather was that bad it blew the bloody wreaths and flowers off the top of the hearse.I can only describe it as something similar to a Only Fools and Horses episode.I tried to keep a straight face, for fear of hurting her feelings at that time.But my best mate and his missus were in the limo and my mate couldn`t stop laughing.It certainly helped "break the ice" on a morbid day and even the missus couldn`t help laughing at the undertaker who was hastily trying to retrieve the flowers whilst obviously being embarrassed.
Sometimes, even on a sad day silly things happen that make you smile.

My mum, (aged 83) goes to the local sports centre in Coventry (where she lives) when City are on the box. She goes for a swim and a walk on the treadmill and then watches the game.
One day last year, a middle aged women joined her when she saw the game on and got chatting to my mum and the women says she is a City fan.
My mum asks why she is a Blue in Coventry and she explained that at primary school she sat on the same table as this boy who never stopped talking about Manchester City. My mum says to her 'that sounds like it could be my son'' and they carried on chatting and eventually my mum asks her what this lads name was and she belted out my name!

My mum took her email address and we email regulariy especially before games and we met in May when I went over for 2 weeks.

Slightly similar to oakies story my uncle had a farm that had long drive to it .when he passed away the hearse pulled up at the farmhouse and as his wife looked down the drive every single bullock stood side by side in a perfect line each side of the drive and gave him a perfect guard of honour as the hearse drove past.
It shocked us all and upset his wife as she said the bullocks would never come near the farm house. .

was in a petrol station just north of Miami, as i was putting in the fuel i heard a familiar voice from the other side of the pump. it was my Boss from Royal mail the one who i phoned in sick to just two days earlyer

Randomly met a girl on a dating site. Out of the hundreds of photo likes and small chitchat with random girls I eventually agreed to meet one of them.

Was a good relationship and it lasted for 4yrs, deciding to end it due to her obsessiveness.

The coincidence was that her father shared the exact same forename and surname as myself Hahaha.
No shit.

If my name was something very common such as john smith I'd say fair enough but No No, was strange!!

Went on a business trip and was staying overnight at a hotel. When I checked in, the receptionist looked a bit puzzled and said I'd already checked in. Not only was there another guest with the same name as me, he also worked at the same place as me but on a completely different project. I knew he existed because I'd sometimes get his emails but the chances of him doing a business trip to the exact same hotel as me on the same night seemed a hell of a coincidence. Still never met him and I got away with putting my drinks on his bill!!

My second daughter was born and the wife had to stay overnight in Crumpsall.
She gets chatting to the woman across the floor in the opposite bed and the wife is convinced she knows her. They go through schools, places of work, friends etc etc and drew a blank.
They talk about other things and then the women says she had another child in Crumpsall just over two years ago.... my wife says she did too.... and then it became clear.... they both gave birth 20th Jan 1992 and again 8th Feb 1994 and were in the same unit both times.
OMG what a coincidence, my second daughter was born as well

On holiday in Rhodes several years ago and we'd decided to go around the town one day. Someone shouted the Mrs, it was a couple who lived on the same Street as us and whose daughter was at school with ours.

Okay, not that great a coincidence, but they hadn't booked the same deal from the same travel agent, They were staying at a resort quite a distance from ours (afaic remember) and for them to decide to be in town the same day as us was a bit "woah"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.