Injuries - 2023/24 | Ederson cleared to return to training (p 146)

https://twitter.com/City_Xtra
Pep Guardiola: "John Stones is not ready to play. Maybe for the [England] national team, but not for us..."

Does this sound as if Pep is not happy with John Boy? I hope he doesn't play for England. I wish I had heard the tone of voice or expression when Pep made that announcement. Anyone hear/see it and can enlighten me please? :-)
I took it as more of a dig at southgate

So Stones was fit enough to be a sub in Leipzig, but not fit enough for the Arsenal game?

Surely that's City playing the long game so that he won't be picked for England?

So Stones was fit enough to be a sub in Leipzig, but not fit enough for the Arsenal game?

Surely that's City playing the long game so that he won't be picked for England?

I can only assume it's because the bench in CL games is much larger, and picking 7 for the Arsenal game means we have to pick options who can play 90 minutes plus just in case.

Wouldn't be a bad thing for him to get some minutes with England if Southgate didn't flog him...but we know he will.

I can only assume it's because the bench in CL games is much larger, and picking 7 for the Arsenal game means we have to pick options who can play 90 minutes plus just in case.

Wouldn't be a bad thing for him to get some minutes with England if Southgate didn't flog him...but we know he will.
For somebody who attended Japan 2002 and was in the stadium when Niclas Jensen played for Denmark v England, it's a sad state of affairs when I've got to google England's opponents.

A nondescript friendly v Australia (who will probably kick us to bits) and then a crucial game v Italy when I don't envisage Southgate withdrawing any defenders, unless somebody gets injured, or we're desperate for a goal

Not sure I want Stones playing in either to be honest, but I know what you mean.

I would start to offer players over 27 a higher basic wage to retire from International football from now on. I'd be disappointed in John if he joins up with England for these 2 games not going to lie. He's too important to risk his season going playing for that idiot. I have no problem with Pep making that clear in his press conference, though I haven't watched it yet so not sure of his tone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.