Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen the actual clip so don't know if the words have been twisted. If Pep has publicly said he's overweight then I don't necessarily agree with that approach.

Should've been a 1v1 conversation, tear the lad a new arsehole by all means but protect him publicly. The amount of know-it-alls who will jump on this now and publicly fat shame him and abuse him. Seems a lovely lad who's come back from recurring injury problems. Give him a week or two and he will be all good. Probably had a blowout or two after the France game.
Just said same to the missus mate …… she, as always, totally feigned any interest at all ;-()

We don't know what's gone on behind the scenes but maybe he's had warnings before?

I'm not buying the mental health and fat shaming thing. He's a professional footballer, it is part of your job to stay in good condition and you are paid very well for doing it. He also plays for Man City, the best team in the country and possibly Europe. We have very high standards so it's unacceptable to drop below those standards. The reason we have consistently challenged for trophies is due to Pep and his high standards.

I dont just think this is a message for Phillips, it's a message for every player at the club that you need to be in good condition and look after yourself when you go on holiday or you will face the consequences. It's upto Phillips now to respond and get himself fit. I'm sure he will, similar happened to Aguero in the past and he responded well.

To the same ones that are okay with this, ask yourself how you'd feel or react if your boss did the same to you in front of colleagues or at a client meeting.

The profession shouldn't make much difference, it's unprofessional from the gaffer. He even backtracked and said it's a private conversation with Kalvin. After already raking the lad over the coals.

To the same ones that are okay with this, ask yourself how you'd feel or react if your boss did the same to you in front of colleagues or at a client meeting.

The profession shouldn't make much difference, it's unprofessional from the gaffer. He even backtracked and said it's a private conversation with Kalvin. After already raking the lad over the coals.
yes if i wasn't doing the very basics of my job, the minimum kalvin can do is be as fit as he possibly can be, not much to ask for 100/200k a week.he a professional player ,that brings responsibilities , hes obviously had a jolly in qatar , he should be breaking his balls to get into one of the best teams in europe ,not having an extra mince pie.

It’s a tough one for any manager. He was asked a question so what do you want him to do, lie? If he’d have made something up and got found out later that’s even worse for Pep.

To call Pep disgraceful and ignorant is way out of line, sorry but this is on Phillips.

He knew he had a great opportunity to get some minutes against the dippers and lids but may have messed things up in the short term. That week off wasn’t an excuse to party, he needed to get himself in the best shape possible to be ready for the rest of the season.

My weight doesn't impact my ability to do my job. His does.

Anyway, I'm sure we can get it somewhere in a song for him.

There are some tender souls on here. Fat shaming, Mental health concerns , and the sheer horror of being bollocked by your gaffer for turning up for work in an unfit state. If the lad is honest, and I've no reason to believe he isn't, he would probably stand sheepishly in front of you and admit to a predilection for cakes/beer/both. I know our manager is a fair man who has brought this out, when asked, because it has better outcomes than lying to the press.
Meanwhile back in the real world, lads all over the uk will be sent home from work in the NY for being a few points over the acceptable limits their companies have set. On return, their mates will rip the piss out of the 'fat bastards' in the brew shed and no-one, not one will clock off and seek counselling. Its called reality ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.