Insanity work-out

mark ( blue army ) said:
Finally got this and gonna start it tomorrow :s had a little look at the first 5mins or so of the fitness test and it looks ok but i know its gonna be tough.

I like the calender they give you, so you can print it out so you know where your up to. Any advise for me from you guys that have already got stuck into this?

Before you start watch the 'dig deeper' dvd, Literally just before you start, even if you have seen it before, they got through the form for the basic exercises slowly. use this to have a quick practice

Form is everything.

Have a sweat towel ready.

The first 3 days are tough (especially day 2) STICK WITH IT. you will get better, its frustrating learning the exercises in the beginning and couple this with the fact that you are blowing out of your arse, the start of month 2 is equally hard, its easy the become un-motivated. You WILL get through it and you will start to enjoy pushing yourself harder and harder (trust me,,,,,,unless i'm just a bit weird)

Good luck blue.

Keep us posted.

cheers mate, I know it's gonna be tough but ill fight through it, I've told myself that no matter what I'm gonna stick to this.

CTID1988 said:
I was thinking something like this but do my workout at 6 and have my tea straight after, is it ok to have a protein shake aswel as your tea?

As long as your tea consists of enough protein and carbs there would be no point in also having a shake - simply unnecessary excess calories that will either end up in the pan or around your waist......

FantasyIreland said:
CTID1988 said:
I was thinking something like this but do my workout at 6 and have my tea straight after, is it ok to have a protein shake aswel as your tea?

As long as your tea consists of enough protein and carbs there would be no point in also having a shake - simply unnecessary excess calories that will either end up in the pan or around your waist......

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons mate ;-)

<a class="postlink" href="http://chadwaterbury.com/the-truth-about-post-workout-nutrition/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://chadwaterbury.com/the-truth-abou ... nutrition/</a>

Many may have heard of Chad Waterbury, but not many people will have heard of Ori Hofmekler, so considering Chad takes advice on fatloss from this guy then I think it's fairly safe to say he knows his stuff, but it's well worth digging into his 'work' a lot deeper if anyone's interested.

Just to add though, whilst I don't think it's a suitable approach (for 99% of people) when it comes to a bodybuilding perspective, for a fatloss and body recomping one (which this type of workout is aimed at), tailoring this with an 'Intermittent Fasting' regime will produce great benefits and results, but it does need to suit your appetite and daily structure.

Had it delivered yesterday. Going to start on Monday. No point tonight as I'll ruin any work out on Saturday at West Brom.

Dirty Harry said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://chadwaterbury.com/the-truth-about-post-workout-nutrition/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://chadwaterbury.com/the-truth-abou ... nutrition/</a>

Many may have heard of Chad Waterbury, but not many people will have heard of Ori Hofmekler, so considering Chad takes advice on fatloss from this guy then I think it's fairly safe to say he knows his stuff, but it's well worth digging into his 'work' a lot deeper if anyone's interested.

Just to add though, whilst I don't think it's a suitable approach (for 99% of people) when it comes to a bodybuilding perspective, for a fatloss and body recomping one (which this type of workout is aimed at), tailoring this with an 'Intermittent Fasting' regime will produce great benefits and results, but it does need to suit your appetite and daily structure.

Its generally the approach i use and recommend,i train and then eat a 'real' meal about 30 - 60 mins later,i've never seen the merit of filling your body full of nutritionless,fat encouraging simple sugars when you have just trained your ass off in an attempt to gain a better and healthier body/physique......!
Food containing vits/minerals and antioxidants will serve you far better.

Your body needs the extended time period after training to 'cool down' as i call it,blood needs time to return to the digestive system and hormonal responses that have been triggered need to settle.

I normally eat a sweet potato with baked beans and a lean protein source.Carbs are generally esential in this meal as in the real world you should be bloody starving by this point!!

I notice the article finishes with an advert for the authors 'recommended' brand of whey......

FantasyIreland said:
Dirty Harry said:

Its generally the approach i use and recommend,i train and then eat a 'real' meal about 30 - 60 mins later,i've never seen the merit of filling your body full of nutritionless,fat encouraging simple sugars when you have just trained your ass off in an attempt to gain a better and healthier body/physique......!
Food containing vits/minerals and antioxidants will serve you far better.

Your body needs the extended time period after training to 'cool down' as i call it,blood needs time to return to the digestive system and hormonal responses that have been triggered need to settle.

I normally eat a sweet potato with baked beans and a lean protein source.Carbs are generally esential in this meal as in the real world you should be bloody starving by this point!!

Sorry if it came across a different way mate, wasn't 'dissin' you ;-), only the first part was with you in mind as I find it's an interesting concept and point of discussion (as I do with the IF and carb-backloading) and thought you'd enjoy the read, the rest was my own ramblings for the benefit of anyone using 'Insanity' lol, ideas for a different approach so to speak.

Personally I too find it a better protocol (the 30-60 minute gap) moreso for anyone with Endo tendencies, but as I say, it really needs to suit the individual and lifestyle, I find 'IF' and this method pretty easy as I don't have an appetite in the morning anymore and can easily last til 4-5 pm then train in a sort of fasted state, then eat for the remainder of the evening (as we spoke, different goals these days).

FantasyIreland said:
I notice the article finishes with an advert for the authors 'recommended' brand of whey......

Yeah, that was my first thoughts too when I first read it tbh lol.

Not at all H,i always enjoy your input and knowledge,cheers mate.

I've no idea how you can do the fasted thing though,i'm always thinking about food!! even when i'm eating one meal i'm thinking about the next lol......

And i too have altered my goals,staying lean and mean and keeping ahead of the 'scamps' is the main aim these days!

Cheers bud and obviously likewise.

It's easier for me as (naturally) I've never had the greatest appetite, could go for 2-3 days as a kid without even feeling the need to eat.

Only tried IF/carb-backloading type stuff for fatloss and lost almost a stone in a month with hardly stepping foot in the gym (I've just used on-site work as my 'cardio') with no real loss of current strength when hitting the weights (although wondering where my shoulders have gone lol), but I find it easy as once you factor in 9-10 hours sleep, then 4-5 hours am where I have no appetite these days anyway, then there's around 14-15 hours of the 16 fasting period gone, it'd fit in really well with this type of routine but if like you someone has an appetite in the morning then they'd struggle, horses for courses eh mate :-).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.