Insanity work-out

Ordering this tonight. A quick question that's probably been asked. After the 60 days, do you just start again?

Ta

You could do another recovery week then start again, or cut down a bit. Depends on your goals really.
As far as I know its only robbo that's posted on here and completed it. He started again from the beginning.

Im thinking of buying this today. is the general consensus that it is worth it then?

Also, how much time a day is taken with it? And, is your food bill per week any extra?

CTID1988 said:
Im thinking of buying this today. is the general consensus that it is worth it then?

Also, how much time a day is taken with it? And, is your food bill per week any extra?
I didn't do the food bit but time wise it goes from around 40/45 mins at the start up to about 60 mins by the end.

Blue Maverick said:
CTID1988 said:

I didn't do the food bit but time wise it goes from around 40/45 mins at the start up to about 60 mins by the end.
Cheers mate.

A few people i know have said they didnt do the food either, does it make that much of a difference you think? I can see how 5 small meals a day would help with energy, but with work and stuff i dont think id have the time to prepare it all

CTID1988 said:
Blue Maverick said:
CTID1988 said:

Cheers mate.

A few people i know have said they didnt do the food either, does it make that much of a difference you think? I can see how 5 small meals a day would help with energy, but with work and stuff i dont think id have the time to prepare it all

I haven't stuck strictly to their menu but have been watching calories and used some of their tips (eat every 2-3 hours for example)
From what I understand the eating part is at least as important as exercising in terms of losing weight...
I've lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks doing it.

philinho said:
CTID1988 said:
Blue Maverick said:
Cheers mate.

I haven't stuck strictly to their menu but have been watching calories and used some of their tips (eat every 2-3 hours for example)
From what I understand the eating part is at least as important as exercising in terms of losing weight...

Yeah, what Phil said.

Eating small amounts 5 times a day helps speed your metabolism up.
Its fairly easy if you plan ahead.

Typical day for me is:
1. Breakfast. piece of wholemeal toast with wholenut peanut butter and jam
2. Mid morning. diet whey protein shake (£40 for a 2 kilo tub)
3. Dinner. chicken/tuna salad on wholemeal barm
4. Mid afternoon. greek yoghurt with handful of granola and piece of fruit.

Workout followed by nesquick chocolate milk.

5. healthy tea (salmon with wholemeal pasta and broccoli or chicken breast with wholemeal rice and veg, summat along those lines)

Lots of water throughout the day.

Food bill hasnt really gone up much except for the whey protein, and that does you for a month.

Also, mind how much pasta and rice you have. I have some of them yankee measuring cups and stick to half a cup uncooked for pasta per person and a quarter cup uncooked for rice.
Its amazing how much extra you cook (and ultimately eat) if you dont measure it.

Sticking to this I have been fairly amazed by how easy it has been. I rarely feel hungry (apart from the odd dream about chippy tea or pizza)

Hope this helps.

I have read the nutrition guide that comes with insanity and this is pretty close to it and if anything there is less stuff to actually cook and more stuff that can be made ready in 10 mins the day before.

Tragic meat van guy said:
philinho said:
CTID1988 said:
Cheers mate.

Yeah, what Phil said.

Typical day for me is:

5. healthy tea (salmon with wholemeal pasta and broccoli or chicken breast with wholemeal rice and veg, summat along those lines)

Food bill hasnt really gone up much except for the whey protein, and that does you for a month.

Also, mind how much pasta and rice you have. I have some of them yankee measuring cups and stick to half a cup uncooked for pasta per person and a quarter cup uncooked for rice.
Its amazing how much extra you cook (and ultimately eat) if you dont measure it.

Sticking to this I have been fairly amazed by how easy it has been. I rarely feel hungry (apart from the odd dream about chippy tea or pizza)

Hope this helps.

I have read the nutrition guide that comes with insanity and this is pretty close to it and if anything there is less stuff to actually cook and more stuff that can be made ready in 10 mins the day before.

Cheers mate, i know nothing abotu any of this so very helpfull.

Which whey protein should i get? I assumed that stuff was for meatheads in the gym.

CTID1988 said:
Tragic meat van guy said:
philinho said:

Yeah, what Phil said.

Typical day for me is:

Hope this helps.

Cheers mate, i know nothing abotu any of this so very helpfull.

Which whey protein should i get? I assumed that stuff was for meatheads in the gym.

I'm on PHD diet whey (picked up on this from folk on the bluemoon fitness thread, who I should add know a billion times more about this stuff than me!)

They diet whey stuff helps you build/maintain LEAN muscle, its also quite filling so staves off hunger.
I always thought protein shakes were for meatheads too but this stuff helps you keep what muscle you have whilst losing weight through your diet and exercise.

Be careful when you buy as there are different types (bulk up, diet etc) and I use dolphin fitness as its the cheapest I have found online (If you find it cheaper please let me know)

Belgian chocolate was not bad, on vanilla creme at the moment and its rank! Also I have heard white chocolate is like ultra sweet paint.

2 kilo will do you for 40 days (1 shake per day)<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:22 pm --<br /><br />
mark ( blue army ) said:
Does anyone have a link to this, that they can share with me please :)

There are deffo links going around on here but I dont have one pal sorry. sure someone will help you out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.