Inspirational books

idahoblues

I have a you g kid working for me (27) who's recently started getting into the motivational books. I've been through that stage myself and got way into Dale Carnegie, Zig Ziggler etc. wish this boy nothing but the best, any suggestions for other such authors ?

The quickest way to get rich is to write a book telling people how to get rich.

I guess it very much depends on the sort of motivation you're talking about. Do you mean self-help/self-improvement books?

My friend swears by David Goggins. Bit intense for me though.

On a tangent, Join Me by Danny Wallace (not the ex-rag), inspired thousands upon thousands of people to perform random acts of kindness to strangers each and every Friday. There were some beautiful stories emerge.

The quickest way to get rich is to write a book telling people how to get rich.

I guess it very much depends on the sort of motivation you're talking about. Do you mean self-help/self-improvement books?

My friend swears by David Goggins. Bit intense for me though.

I thought about writing a motivational book once, but I couldn’t be arsed.

Autobiographies and motivational books can be great, but as most of them acknowledge themselves, just reading them is not good enough, you have to act yourself.

We are all better, stronger and capable of so much more than we think in life. The world is full of people who will chip away at your confidence, surprisingly a lot can be people we consider friends. This is because they are terrified if you succeed you will leave them behind and often you do.

One interesting autobiography I read was Watch my Back by Geoff Thompson. A kid who was bullied and scared of his own shadow who went on to become a nightclub doorman and one of the toughest men in Coventry. He was sweeping floors in a factory too, started writing and became a top author, bafta winner and screenwriter. If you speak to most famous and successful people a lot were told they wouldn't amount to much in life or would never make it. Plenty will say they winged it too.

Life is simple really, do what makes you happy. Some people will stay in a minimum wage job with the same company all their life, never travel or get promotion but are satisfied and happy. Good health and luck plays a big part too.

Comedians are interesting characters as they have a broken moral compass. Enjoyed Frank Skinner, Frankie Boyle and Simon Day.

UcDRk6V.jpg

I have a you g kid working for me (27) who's recently started getting into the motivational books. I've been through that stage myself and got way into Dale Carnegie, Zig Ziggler etc. wish this boy nothing but the best, any suggestions for other such authors ?
He'll just quit once he smartens up. Take his books off him and burn them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.