Insurance advice

Benarbia_is_god

My insurance company rang today to tell me someone has made a claim against me from last month, something I can only describe as fraudulent. The situation was that there was gridlocked traffic, and her car had broken down at the lights, cars were going around my car and there was no way I could get out as the car behind me was also right up my rear. I had to shimmy out and nudged against her car at what must have been under a quarter of a mile per hour.

There is no damage to the car however she and her passenger are claiming personal injuries. She has given the insurance companies the name of the road which is actually the one adjacent to where it happened. My question is, shall I say I have no recollection of the event occurring? Where is the proof?

Unfortunately her claim would have gone to your insurer via the portal on a CNF and it will be more economical for your insurers to settle it within the portal than let it drop out. Not many insurers are willing to fight these claims because of the cost implications if they do. All you can do is tell them exactly what happened and hope they put her to strict proof of her injuries.

Deny it. They're just a couple of chancers, pretty sure you need a police crime report/number to make a claim. Few years back someone reversed into my New car, put a dent in it, smashed their own light which I kept as evidence and drove off, I wasn't in the car, it was parked, I had an independent witness who got the number plate. When the police contacted them they denied it so I couldn't make a claim against them. Making me angry now thinking about it

This is what I hate about these ambulance chasing bastards, this kind of thing puts everyone's premiums up.

Just deny it ever happened. It is your word against theirs.

Another reason why dashcams are becoming ever more popular.

Two young Asian lads in an old wreck pulled up in front of me at a junction in Rawtenstall, a couple of years back and reversed deliberately into my car, got out and approached me but jumped back in their car and sped off when they saw the whole thing had been recorded.

They were arrested within the hour.

No idea what happened to them.......probably now't.

A colleague of mine claimed against a third party. His friend was shunted from behind. He parked up and went back to the other car. They swapped details, and when he made the claim, invited my colleague to say he was a passenger in the car, which the third party couldn't disprove as they did not go to look at the other car. He received compensation.

He is as bent as they come, and a United fan to boot. It infuriates me. He says there is no victim. He doesn't see that the honest citizen is subsidising his fraudulent lifestyle.

If as you say they have stated they have named the wrong road state that you remember travelling along the correct road, you recall a lot of congestion at the time stated however no accident occurred what so ever. If it had you would have stopped and exchanged details AND informed your insurance company immediately.
State they you have never travelled along the road mentioned by the other party and no need to, as evidence describe your journey, i.e I was going from work to my home address, for that reason I was on Smith St as it is a direct route home. Tell them that to get to what ever street they named would be an unnecessary and stupid deviation which you did not do.

Finally tell them that it is quite clear the other party are making the accident up having seen your car somewhere and decided to invent a claim.

IF you admit to the slightest bump they will settle and you will lose your NCB.

Blue Mist said:
If as you say they have stated they have named the wrong road state that you remember travelling along the correct road, you recall a lot of congestion at the time stated however no accident occurred what so ever. If it had you would have stopped and exchanged details AND informed your insurance company immediately.
State they you have never travelled along the road mentioned by the other party and no need to, as evidence describe your journey, i.e I was going from work to my home address, for that reason I was on Smith St as it is a direct route home. Tell them that to get to what ever street they named would be an unnecessary and stupid deviation which you did not do.

Finally tell them that it is quite clear the other party are making the accident up having seen your car somewhere and decided to invent a claim.

IF you admit to the slightest bump they will settle and you will lose your NCB.

exactly this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.