"Invisible" Ads/Pop ups

Thanks fellas. Just seen it myself, and have asked for it to be removed asap.

The incessant redirect to the ‘Amazon winner’ page (with annoying prompt window) for iPad and iPhone users is back, unfortunately. It happens every 4th or 5th page load.

The only way I have found to stop it is by turning off JavaScript in your browser of choice but, in doing so, you also make useful elements of other sites inoperable. For instance, with JavaScript turned off, the statistics panes on WhoScored no longer load, and certain Sky Sports, BBC, and CNN content will no longer render correctly. Eventually I have to turn on JavaScript again in order to use other sites without separate frustration.

I’m soldiering on but would be grateful if that ad bundle could be completely removed from web advertising service the site uses, which would avoid it returning again in the future.

The incessant redirect to the ‘Amazon winner’ page (with annoying prompt window) for iPad and iPhone users is back, unfortunately. It happens every 4th or 5th page load.

The only way I have found to stop it is by turning off JavaScript in your browser of choice but, in doing so, you also make useful elements of other sites inoperable. For instance, with JavaScript turned off, the statistics panes on WhoScored no longer load, and certain Sky Sports, BBC, and CNN content will no longer render correctly. Eventually I have to turn on JavaScript again in order to use other sites without separate frustration.

I’m soldiering on but would be grateful if that ad bundle could be completely removed from web advertising service the site uses, which would avoid it returning again in the future.

This is happening to me too @Ric - it's making browsing the site nigh on impossible.

Are you on an iPhone mate, or Android? Is it happening on 4G or wifi? Will try to get this resolved asap.
Just to confirm, it happens on my iPhone and iPad. I do not have any android devices, otherwise I would test those, as well.

Does not seem to happen on my missus’ MacBook, though, so this is likely an iOS (and/or Android) exploit ad.

My screenshots from when it popped up (pardon the pun) last year:

This first screen pops up when you are trying to load a bluemoon page—the browser is unresponsive to anything other than clicking ‘Close’ in the prompt...

e00133b0_97f0_4f98_bc20_bbf16160e96a_by_techspider-dbxheno.png

...which causes the fake “Lucky Winner” full page ad to load. The only way to leave this page is to either force close the browser or hold down the back button until the list of previously visited websites appear so you can click on the most recent Bluemoon page in the list. But, even then, sometimes this ad pops up immediately upon going back to that page, so I’ve just started force closing the browser every time and then opening it back up before reloading Bluemoon (and any other sites I had open in other tabs).

7c277b40_6711_4f15_8aef_fa2148ea1d57_by_techspider-dbxhen4.png

Last edited:
Yep, get the same pop ups as Sebastian on the iPad every few page loads, makes browsing incredibly difficult.

Just to confirm, it happens on my iPhone and iPad. I do not have any android devices, otherwise I would test those, as well.

Does not seem to happen on my missus’ MacBook, though, so this is likely an iOS (and/or Android) exploit ad.

My screenshots from when it popped up (pardon the pun) last year:

This first screen pops up when you are trying to load a bluemoon page—the browser is unresponsive to anything other than clicking ‘Close’ in the prompt...

...which causes the fake “Lucky Winner” full page ad to load. The only way to leave this page is to either force close the browser or hold down the back button until the list of previously visited websites appear so you can click on the most recent Bluemoon page in the list. But, even then, sometimes this ad pops up immediately upon going back to that page, so I’ve just started force closing the browser every time and then opening it back up before reloading Bluemoon (and any other sites I had open in other tabs).

Yep, similar ads were repeatedly occurring for me while over in the US for a visit recently. Only been back for a few days but had no such ad pop since

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.