IPOD HELP!!!!

mcfcjosh

i had problems with my laptop and had to reset everything and now my itunes has no songs on so i will loose all my songs if i sync my ipod do but i want to put new songs on so is there amuthing i can do? like anyway to convert songs from my ipod to my pc

itunes aint shite its a piece of piss,when i had problems a couple of years a go the guy that sorted it had save the itunes files so when i downloaded itunes again my files were there...

stonie said:
itunes aint shite its a piece of piss,when i had problems a couple of years a go the guy that sorted it had save the itunes files so when i downloaded itunes again my files were there...
Caused me no end of problems. First, you can't transfer from ipod to pc and the range of things you can customise is really limited. Second, I forgot and left my ipod connected when I started iTunes and it wiped all my cover art off. Took me hours to restore it all. About the only things it does well is podcasts and removing duplicate tracks.

When i got my new laptop i needed to transfer my i-tunes from my desktop computer..it would only transfer over the purchased items..so other way was to back my library up..on disk it asked for about 12 cds! So brought myself an USB memory stick..for some reason though some of the songs will only copy across as word documents??!! any ideas?!

JoW said:
When i got my new laptop i needed to transfer my i-tunes from my desktop computer..it would only transfer over the purchased items..so other way was to back my library up..on disk it asked for about 12 cds! So brought myself an USB memory stick..for some reason though some of the songs will only copy across as word documents??!! any ideas?!
Do you have the items on an mp3 player? If so Winamp will copy the contents of the mp3 player to your hard disk.

Never been a fan of iTunes. Hit & Miss is situations like yours.

The ones that are saving as Word docs; can you check the file extension (the last letters after the full stop, i.e U2.mp3 or U2.m4a) To if you can only see the name of the file then do the following , from the Menu Bar of Explorer (File, Edit, View Tools, Help), click the tools button, then click folder options, then click view, then scoll down the list & make sure
that the 'hide extention for known file types is unticked . It may be the wrong file extention is causing the problem which would identify the file incorrectly to Windows & iTunes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.