Ireland: Some of our players were hiding.

svennis pennis

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7990504.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 990504.stm</a>

Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland said some of his team-mates were not "brave" enough in Thursday's Uefa Cup first-leg defeat in Hamburg.

The Premier League side lost 3-1 after Ireland had put them ahead early on.

"We've got more quality, but at home we need to show it and be braver," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"I think at times tonight some people were hiding and when we had our backs against the wall some people were not brave enough to come out and fight."

City were beaten despite having taken a first-minute lead and face an uphill task in the second leg on 16 April.

Its hard to disagree with him really. Probably the only player that can get away with saying it this season as well.

svennis pennis said:
M35 Blue said:
Future captain that lad

Of who though? If we keep the shambles going much longer I fear he will want to go. We need to get him sorted with a new deal.

Someone knows him on here dont they - sure they said he wants to stay for a long time. No reason for me not to beleive him

M35 Blue said:
svennis pennis said:
M35 Blue said:
Future captain that lad

Of who though? If we keep the shambles going much longer I fear he will want to go. We need to get him sorted with a new deal.

Someone knows him on here dont they - sure they said he wants to stay for a long time. No reason for me not to beleive him

Yeh a couple of the lads do. We need to show how valued he is though.

hello svennis me old mucker,,,,,

i was going to say earlier he should be made captain,,,,

him , robbie, and sturridge are all on the same wavelength,, as is the much ill treated Elano...

any resonable manager must be able to see this!!!!

plus his tattooed wings are brilliant!!

blue moony said:
hello svennis me old mucker,,,,,

i was going to say earlier he should be made captain,,,,

him , robbie, and sturridge are all on the same wavelength,, as is the much ill treated Elano...

any resonable manager must be able to see this!!!!

plus his tattooed wings are brilliant!!

haha, that they are!

_45653450_ireladn2_getty_226.jpg

Its just a shame we are such an ill balanced team. All the pieces are there. For years we have wanted quality holding midfielders, a top goalkeeper. A left back and high class wingers. The only thing missing is a truely great striker of which I believe Boj can become. I am distressed at the lack of cohesion in our team. Im also pretty alarmed at the 'Super fit' squad we have that are continuously injured or rushed back before they are ready.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.