Is anyone else not getting excited?

I think all are in their hearts n minds but dont want to keep their feelings low profile at this stage :) long this may continue

Don't want to build my hopes up just yet; it's very early in the season. I'm thinking of what Winston Wolf said to Jules and Vincent after they'd cleaned the car in Pulp Fiction

I normally err on the side of caution (some may say pessimism), but it's hard not to get swept away in the wave of excitement. Sure, we had a similar start last season and it all went to shit, but this feels a bit different. I think we're comfortably the best side in the league. The football that we are playing is on another level to what we've seen before. The squad is lighter on numbers, but higher on quality. I honestly think we'll win the league.

I normally err on the side of caution (some may say pessimism), but it's hard not to get swept away in the wave of excitement. Sure, we had a similar start last season and it all went to shit, but this feels a bit different. I think we're comfortably the best side in the league. The football that we are playing is on another level to what we've seen before. The squad is lighter on numbers, but higher on quality. I honestly think we'll win the league.

This just about sums it up for me. Just hope we manage to score 100 goals into the bargain. £20 at 33/1 including £10 of Sky Bet's dosh.

Spot on Ric. Was listening to the NBC broadcast here in the U.S. and they kept mentioning how we were scoring and looking at the options on our bench - we brought on Bernardo Silva, Ilkay Gundogan, and Leroy Sane as subs! That's crazy!

The truly elite teams in Europe have not only great starters but great depth. The last few years with us it seemed that people would talk about how we had "Two XIs", but there really wasn't a ton of quality. Comparing those subs we used today to last year would be Navas, Fernando, and Nolito. It's night and day!

When you can leave Vinnie out of the starting 11 and scarcely notice his absence, that tells me something.
Come on City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.