Is being fat a disability?

billymumphrey

So this morning I was catching the bus to work.

On the bus hops a rather rotund gentleman in his mid forties. Probably weighing 140 to 150 kgs. He was large and in charge. The bus was probably about half full, there were ample seats everywhere. However, there are seats near the front of the bus that are reserved for the disabled, pregnant mothers, the elderly etc. Usually they're occupied by able bodied people, however whenever I've seen an expectant mother or someone on crutches come on board the people occupying these seats have stood up to make them available for them, as they should.

Anyway, the large gentleman comes on board and stares at these seats for about 20 seconds resulting in the people occupying them vacating them for him.

Is his request being unreasonable? I mean is being overweight a disability or an affliction that should warrant such preferential treatment? Or am I being too judgmental? Am I a fatist?

A disability is something you can nothing about surely. Being fat isn't in that category.

We come in all shapes and sizes but unless you have a "huge arse disease" then you don't qualify as being disabled.

billymumphrey said:

On the bus hops a rather rotund gentleman in his mid forties. Probably weighing 140 to 150 kgs. He was large and in charge. The bus was probably about half full, there were ample seats everywhere. However, there are seats near the front of the bus that are reserved for the disabled, pregnant mothers, the elderly etc. Usually they're occupied by able bodied people, however whenever I've seen an expectant mother or someone on crutches come on board the people occupying these seats have stood up to make them available for them, as they should.

Anyway, the large gentleman comes on board and stares at these seats for about 20 seconds resulting in the people occupying them vacating them for him.

Is his request being unreasonable? I mean is being overweight a disability or an affliction that should warrant such preferential treatment? Or am I being too judgmental? Am I a fatist?

There is a medical condition that causes people to be fat but it is pretty rare, so the chances are he was just a fat pie eating lazy **** who has no self respect, also the fact he was getting a bus means that it is 95% certain he has a low IQ

It's a tough one in fairness

Fat **** should've moved to the back seat. Double whammy of exercise and engine heat burning off calories.

dronefromsector7g said:
Fat c**t should've moved to the back seat. Double whammy of exercise and engine heat burning off calories.

Then everyone is waiting for the lard arse to get off the bus, the bus driver should have just driven past or around the fat ****

Would never have noticed him, to busy looking at fatty's falling over on funny youtube clips.

I did see a scenario i found interesting a few weeks back, at the airport food hall thing a fat chap needed a free moving chair and not one bolted down.
Two pretty old ladies moved all their stuff and let him sit down to fill his fat face more.
Not a universal dynamic i know but it was interesting to watch it play out.

If they do not have a medical condition or even mental to an extent (using food as a comfort to replace lost loved ones for example) then bollocks to them.
If they want to eat like stony after a weekend long liquid lunch then let them but fuck if i am being put out to accomodate them.

Edit: on reading back i should qualify the "pretty" usage. That is to say they were really getting on and not gilfs!

billymumphrey said:

How do you know he wasn't disabled and fat ?

hilts said:
dronefromsector7g said:
Fat c**t should've moved to the back seat. Double whammy of exercise and engine heat burning off calories.

Then everyone is waiting for the lard arse to get off the bus, the bus driver should have just driven past or around the fat ****

cuntbucket

Some ignorance here.

A friend I grew up with had a rough upbringing.
His way of dealing with the abuse was by comfort eating.

26st Gaz got to.

I managed to get 6st off him with diet & exercise but he went back to old habits sadly.

He's like a alcoholic. He can eat and eat and his brain doesn't tell him he's had enough.

He has a genuine disability, one in which he can not just easily help himself.

I had him in the gym for many years, he eat what I eat, drank what I drank, had him doing all the sports I did.
He lost 6st but crept back into old ways.

He can work, walk and so on but obesity disables him in many ways you would only realise if you became obese or lived with someone who is obese.

stony said:
billymumphrey said:

How do you know he wasn't disabled and fat ?

If he was disabled he would have one of those blue peter trolleys with wing mirrors, indicators, roof and two months shopping hanging off the side(usually lidl)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.