Is it daft to keep an eye on ? for 2nd place

JoeMercer'sWay said:
browny33 said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
If Arsenal win the last 6 games they will have 79 PTs so I still work out we need another 9pts to be sure, they could easily win their last 6 the form they have hit.

Good grief, get a fucking grip!

the same happened to arsenal last season by us.

I reiterate. Good grief, get a fucking grip! We wasnt 10 pts behind Arsenal at his point last season.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Not even a glass half empty thread, this. More like a "the table has fallen over and the glass has broken on the floor, just before the building collapsed in the middle of an earthquake" thread....

Based on current form, it's more realistic than a thread that says we'll still win the league. We'll be closer to Arsenal on points than we will utd in the end. (If we don't pull our fingers out sharpish and there's little evidence that we will)

JoeMercer'sWay said:
browny33 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
the same happened to arsenal last season by us.

I reiterate. Good grief, get a fucking grip! We wasnt 10 pts behind Arsenal at his point last season.

we were 7 pts behind and finished 3 pts ahead of them.

So if exactly the same thing happens again in reverse (which it wont) we'll finish on level points. What about the swing in goal diff which is currently 27 in our favour. I can't honestly believe that anybody thinks that arsenal can catch us, I really can't.

browny33 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
browny33 said:

So if exactly the same thing happens again in reverse (which it wont) we'll finish on level points. What about the swing in goal diff which is currently 27 in our favour. I can't honestly believe that anybody thinks that arsenal can catch us, I really can't.

well they're playing really well and we're playing shite.

we play a really well organised West Brom side who started the unravelling of our league campaign, away at an in form Norwich, away to Wolves who will be on the verge of going down by then, home to the Rags who'll love nothing more than to seal the title at our place, away to the Geordies scrapping for CL footy and in great form and then at home to Joey, Sweep, Ned & Sparky who will be desperate to get one over us and to stay up.

It's possible that Arsenal can catch us.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
browny33 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

well they're playing really well and we're playing shite.

we play a really well organised West Brom side who started the unravelling of our league campaign, away at an in form Norwich, away to Wolves who will be on the verge of going down by then, home to the Rags who'll love nothing more than to seal the title at our place, away to the Geordies scrapping for CL footy and in great form and then at home to Joey, Sweep, Ned & Sparky who will be desperate to get one over us and to stay up.

It's possible that Arsenal can catch us.

Had Arsenal beaten QPR last week then I'd agree with you. However 10 points and a sizeable goal difference swing means it's neigh on impossible.

You will beat WBA.
You will beat QPR.
You will beat Wolves

I still think you will beat United.

Norwich & Newcastle are the one's I'm not too sure about.

pauljv92 said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
Just thinking as Arsenal look like winning, if we were not to get top spot would it be daft not to just keep an eye on Arsenal with the run they are putting together I hope it dosn't come to that but theres still a lot to play for.
Your thoughts fellow Blues.

Your an idiot because you're making a blatant assumption that we wont win the league.

All the evidence seems to suggest that he's right in assuming we won't win the league. MANUre need to lose three matches whilst we win all ours. Does anybody think that with Ashley Young flinging himself around assorted penalty areas, and weak-willed refs bottling it at The Swamp, that we can overhaul the deficit? A clear mathematical chance but I've long since assumed that most refs are innumerate!

Hope is one thing, reality summat quite different.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
pauljv92 said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
Just thinking as Arsenal look like winning, if we were not to get top spot would it be daft not to just keep an eye on Arsenal with the run they are putting together I hope it dosn't come to that but theres still a lot to play for.
Your thoughts fellow Blues.

Your an idiot because you're making a blatant assumption that we wont win the league.

All the evidence seems to suggest that he's right in assuming we won't win the league. MANUre need to lose three matches whilst we win all ours. Does anybody think that with Ashley Young flinging himself around assorted penalty areas, and weak-willed refs bottling it at The Swamp, that we can overhaul the deficit? A clear mathematical chance but I've long since assumed that most refs are innumerate!

Hope is one thing, reality summat quite different.

Now I'm not saying it will happen, however its amazing how the result of two matches can change things quite dramatically. I am certain ushited will drop further points this season, against us most definately! Possibly against Everton at home and Sunderland away and if Swansea can recapture the form they showed against us then possibly there. The problem is that Everton & Sunderland usually bend over for them, but then so do Wigan!
I'm also certain we'll drop points as well, Barcodes away being the stand out fixture for me.
Lets get a win tomorrow and see how they like it with someone breathing down their necks!
If there is a god, please please let us win the next 2 games and

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.