Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

£5 for 6 minutes if I remember correctly
There's a short stay car park next to T1 (on two levels) which is relatively cheap for an airport and It's five minutes walk from t3
Just checked and it's £6 for half an hour
T3 multi story arrivals is the same price, £6 for 30 minutes
Here's a tip for t3 multi story
Go to the top and on the far side there's an exit which takes you to the next level down where no one parks

Last edited:
Shut this morning because the management seemingly had no plan in place to deal with 4cm of snow. But hey let's blame it on health and safety and term 4cm of snow, "Heavy Snow" Laughable.

I've flown a lot in the last 12 months and haven't had an issue at Manchester. I like T2 and think it runs pretty well. My biggest annoyance is the cost of parking, but I guess that's what happens if you sell that off to the Chinese.

Flew through the airport last night via the assistance lanes at T1.

I actually wish I took pictures but the place was disgusting! Floors were black, junk and wrappers everything, inches of dust and just random sh*t everywhere.

It’s an shame for the disabled community to see that and frankly a let down by the airport. Then you walk through and the shops and duty free and are all clean and well maintained.

Flew from Split to Manchester (via Frankfurt) the other week and got through quickly. The Split leg was packed so they put my hand luggage in the hold. It was waiting for me at Manchester when I got through the e-gates.

The Manchester to Liverpool train was nice and quiet too but there were far too many stops! Express would be great. An airport shop was handy for crisps and pop for the train home too.

In T1. I had such low expectations. Pleasant so far. I like how the cash machines use a subsidy fee to support the economy. The prices for a coffee are about 50% higher than the city centre, bit you can't see the Air Livery hanger in Deansgate. Many stonewashed and stony-faced staff here bit conversely, a few are too jolly. It's a culture shock in itself.

Whenever Manchester ranks high on travel guide polls, I assume many travel by train or canal barge to get into Manchester quickly.

It's the staff at MCR airport that make it such a pleasurable experience as you transit through. It's certainly up there for one of the worst 'international' airports.

I've never had a problem arriving at MCR, but going there for a flight back to Oz has always been a nightmare, with a packed departure lounge, due to massive queues, nowhere to sit, miserable staff etc. It just seems way too small for the volume of people. I actually hate the place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.