Is racism really rife in English football?

UltraPoland said:
Racism is really a problem.
Especially untreated like racism white people experience from black people
(last Klitchko-Chisora incident being a perfect example, nobody even mentioned racism after that, but try to imagine if it was Klitchko hitting that idiot, he would be a racist then for sure!)
White people have all this huge political correctness machinery preventing and punishing for such a behaviour while black people or muslims don`t give a f**k about it and they can be openly abusive towards other nationalities, races and cultures and nobody says a word.
Racism? Yes it is a problem but white-people "self-blame" is also.

that wasn't racist and nor would it have been the other way around, it's two boxers putting on a show to try and sell their fight.

Here in The US you don't hear much about it at sporting events but it is still rampant in other arenas (judicial system, hiring). I think the main reason it's not at sporting events is that the racists are cowards and realize they'd get their ass kicked.

I wouldn't say our matchday crowd is particularly diverse in comparison to the population of Manchester. I see more non-white faces working in the Kiosks than I do sat in the stands.

UltraPoland said:
Racism is really a problem.
Especially untreated like racism white people experience from black people
(last Klitchko-Chisora incident being a perfect example, nobody even mentioned racism after that, but try to imagine if it was Klitchko hitting that idiot, he would be a racist then for sure!)
White people have all this huge political correctness machinery preventing and punishing for such a behaviour while black people or muslims don`t give a f**k about it and they can be openly abusive towards other nationalities, races and cultures and nobody says a word.
Racism? Yes it is a problem but white-people "self-blame" is also.

what a load of bullshit

Is there fuck racist in the game. Im 25, and have never ever heard any racism at football. There are only 2 incidents that i can actually recall. Both were earlier on this season and happened on the same weekend. Both culprits have been dealt with and i think the game is clean.

rickmcfc said:
Is there fuck racist in the game. Im 25, and have never ever heard any racism at football. There are only 2 incidents that i can actually recall. Both were earlier on this season and happened on the same weekend. Both culprits have been dealt with and i think the game is clean.

I've heard it at City. It's hidden in many ways which makes the racism even more dangerous because it's bubbling underneath the surface as opposed to being there for everyone to hear.

just were on 9gag, saw this :D

2729495_460s.jpg

I think most people tend to think in this country racism is just against black people, in many other countries it is not only black people, for example I have American friends and their jokes are against Polish/Polaks. People in England take he piss out of Scots and the Irish, but its very rarely picked up on because it's not the colour of their skin and it won't win the politicians any votes.
I sometimes think people misunderstand remarks that are made against people, you might say "Useless black bastard" but not meaning it to be racist, it's just that you've picked on a particular trait of that person, the same way you might say "Useless ginger bastard" or "Big nose bastard", obviously if there's is venom behind it then that's completely different.
A few years ago when Harry Kewel played for Liverpool a guy sat near me who was always coming out with good one liners basically said something taking the piss out of his Aussie heritage, somebody complained it was racist and he was banned for 5 matches!! The guy was devastated, there was no venom or malice it was purely an off the cuff comment, I just think people need to take a step back sometimes. Compared to the 70s and 80s I've not seen or heard anything for years.

I really don't see a lot of racism in my every day life or at City (Even casual stuff) but some would say i'm looking at it from an entitled white viewpoint.

That's nonsense.

Racism is the new horror shlock terminology used to vilify a class of people it's like the 70's when ALL football fans were hooligans when quite clearly they were not.

When someone wakes up to the idea that racism will always be with us on both sides of the fence and that there are different levels of racism needing different treatment or punishment we're going to go nowhere.

Some head the ball shouting noises from the stands and swinging his arms at a black player mimicking a Chimp isn't what the huge majority do...it's what a very small mindless minority do.

We all know burglary is frowned upon but there are still numpties out there that do it because they don't care.

Fast forward 50 years and racism is still going to be here probably in the same guise.

I've o.ly witnessed racism at football twice. Once years ago at Maine road, and last year at the semi against the rags.
I do agree with poeffrey in that I think because it is frowned upon in society there. Tends to be a minority who harbour these views but won't say anything until they loose their head.

Thankfully, however I think its a minority these days and would hope fellow blues had enough about them to register their distaste if witnessing it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.