Is this our best team yet?

I’m thinking it might be. The way that the team performance doesn’t drop no matter who plays is absolutely special and something we haven’t seen before. Also our solidity and creativity across the whole back four is our best since Pep
Arrived. The one weakness in the team is taking chances.

In terms of general play yes.

Barring palace which was just a big off day and one where the referee screwed us (shock), I don’t think I’ve seen an English side play this consistently well week in week out. We’ve completely battered Chelsea and Liverpool away, should have won both comfortably, twatted PSG, won the most one sided derby in the history of Manchester (yes even more than the 1-6), and won 5 on the bounce in the league, playing better football than I’ve seen.

I think we’re missing clinical finishing when it comes to being perfect but other than that, the general play of these games is at the highest level I’ve ever seen.

I’m thinking it might be. The way that the team performance doesn’t drop no matter who plays is absolutely special and something we haven’t seen before. Also our solidity and creativity across the whole back four is our best since Pep
Arrived. The one weakness in the team is taking chances.
Agreed. Opposing managers are well aware that this team is that good so we seem to play against packed defences week in, week out. Teams seem to be more wary when playing us, thus why so many chances go unfinished - yesterday being a good example with countless shots being blocked. Finding another Sergio would be the answer of course but getting an out and out finisher to play the way Pep wants would be difficult IMHO.
Take Salah, for example - excellent finisher but can go missing for long periods at times. I think it's something we have to live with.

Agreed. Opposing managers are well aware that this team is that good so we seem to play against packed defences week in, week out. Teams seem to be more wary when playing us, thus why so many chances go unfinished - yesterday being a good example with countless shots being blocked. Finding another Sergio would be the answer of course but getting an out and out finisher to play the way Pep wants would be difficult IMHO.
Take Salah, for example - excellent finisher but can go missing for long periods at times. I think it's something we have to live with.
Salah goes missing and Klopp blames it on the other team not playing football, as he did yesterday.

All three of Pep's title winning sides were all great in their own way but I think there were always the odd occasions where we were the second best team on the day, mainly against Liverpool.

This season however, I think is the first time where I can confidently say we're going to be the better team no matter who we play. Whether it's Liverpool, Chelsea or PSG we dominate them and play them off the park.

That doesn't mean this a better team because 2017-19 City is in my opinion the best club side English football has seen until now but it's just something that has become very apparent to me this season.

Liverpool are to City what Deontay Wilder is to Mohammed Ali, same animal playing the same sport with different levels of ability but both equally dangerous but not equally entertaining

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.