Is Western Democracy Fit For Purpose?

No it’s not broken and yes it is fit for purpose.

People who say the opposite are people who are either annoyed the public don’t agree with their minority position or they’re an authoritarian extremist, either a communist or fascist.

Is Western democracy currently fit for purpose?

Absolutely it is.

Non Western democracies are not often a shining beacon of what we should aspire to im afraid and in an imperfect world they dont do a bad job of allowing us to lead a free life with good prospects, an ability to learn, earn and with excellent access to good healthcare etc.

In an ideal world we would have a kind and friendly dictator running the show who is not worried by the next newspaper headline but seen as though we don't have that, I suppose what we have is the best we can hope for. However I'd suggest we need better individuals in important posts - no one is seriously telling me that Boris Johnson is the best this country could offer up as it's leader

In America, they clearly have issues but I suppose all models have flaws but it could be a lot, lot worse

Seemingly not in the USA where democracy is being subverted on a daily basis.

Whether this will be a long term thing will depend on whether its democracy is fit for purpose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.