Islamophobia in the Conservative Party

Jog on you absolute splat.

Don’t misquote me or put words into my mouth.

Live in a Muslim country. Have more acquaintances that are Muslim than not. Speak to them. Hear what they actually say and feel and you may have a better understanding of the culture of the veil (as opposed to the religious aspect of it). Then and only then, would you know what the wearer may agree with or not. It’s certainly not in their holy book nor is it a common occurance in Indonesia.

At no point have I said what anyone should wear, simply my feelings on interacting with people where only their eyes are visible and with the full veil, not even that.

Now if you want to go and misconstrue any part of my post then rethink and go fucking swivel instead. I thought you were better than that sort of post but no, you went in with both feet without thinking.

No - but you said what you don't like and chose to add the full face veil with balaclava's and motorcycle helmets. So by saying what you don't like you are saying what you would rather people did not wear when addressing you. Only one of the items are connected with a religion of any sort. I don't care where you live or who you speak to you -- like Boris Johnson - knew exactly what you were alluding to when you made the statement.

No - but you said what you don't like and chose to add the full face veil with balaclava's and motorcycle helmets. So by saying what you don't like you are saying what you would rather people did not wear when addressing you. Only one of the items are connected with a religion of any sort. I don't care where you live or who you speak to you -- like Boris Johnson - knew exactly what you were alluding to when you made the statement.
No what I did was make a valid statement about what I prefer in terms of human interaction. I didn’t, as you made out, suggest what other people should wear.

You then went on to suggest the wearer would likely disagree but you did so without realising that I know a fuck load more Muslim women in their 20’s and 30’s than you’ll likely ever meet and have had this sort of discussion a hundred times with them.

The Hijab and full veil are not religious garments. They are the cultural remnants of a patriarchal state, nothing more.

Although I’m more than happy to say that even if it was a religious garment (which it isn’t) then it wouldn’t change my view in the least as I don’t believe an irrational belief in something should insulate people from hearing anither’s opinion on anything. If you founded a religion tomorrow that enforced the eating of babies whilst shoving a radish up your arse, I’d call that out as well. Or are you saying that female genital mutilation should be ignored because of the religious attachments it has?

You, not knowing much about the subject, jumped in and made a tit of yourself. Not caring where I live and who I speak to belittles your “point” about what the wearer may feel as you obviously haven’t got a fucking clue.

As I say, jog on and pick your next fight better.

Last edited:
No what I did was make a valid statement about what I prefer in terms of human interaction. I didn’t, as you made out, suggest what other people should wear.

You then went on to suggest the wearer would likely disagree but you did so without realising that I know a fuck load more Muslim women in their 20’s and 30’s than you’ll likely ever meet and have had this sort of discussion a hundred times with them.

The Hijab and full veil are not religious garments. They are the cultural remnants of a patriarchal state, nothing more.

You, not knowing much about the subject, jumped in and made a tit of yourself. Not caring where I live and who I speak to belittles your “point” about what the wearer may feel as you obviously haven’t got a fucking clue.

As I say, jog on.

You sad man.

It matters not what they are - religious or cultural - in your outburst. Its all about what YOU want people to wear when they interact with you. I note though you converse with and know Muslim women you haven't actually voiced THEIR opinion on the veil. I would suggest that where I live any women wearing the veil do so out of choice although having said that you don't know where I am but similarly jump in two footed with insults and disparaging remarks because you are the one "who has a clue" '

I'll jog on with relish because frankly I find you and your approach odious and unfriendly - as ever.

You sad man.

Oh believe me, after my day at work today I’m fucking ecstatic.

It matters not what they are - religious or cultural - in your outburst.

Outburst? Mary Whitehouse are you now? I made a very rational comment that I prefer being able to see all of someone’s face when interacting with them. Wipe your fanny if you believe that to be a fucking outburst.

I note though you converse with and know Muslim women you haven't actually voiced THEIR opinion on the veil.

Then ask what they’ve said to me.

Most keep theirs in their car to put on when they head back home. None wear them by choice and none see it as part of their relationship with their God.

I'll jog on with relish because frankly I find you and your approach odious and unfriendly - as ever.

Good. At least you’ll jog on and the day you don’t act the SJW **** that jumps in with both feet for no good reason is the day I’ll treat you with any due respect.

Its all about what YOU want people to wear when they interact with you.
No. They are your fucking words again, not mine.

My post was about what MY personal preference is when talking to people. You’re now telling me I am not allowed an opinion. Screw you. At no point have a suggested a ban on either nor that people shouldn’t be allowed to wear them. You’ve taken a very mild post and strawmanned the fuck out of it to do your usual “hey everyone, look at how fucking amazingly liberal I am” routine. And you wonder why I’m “unfriendly”, just be grateful you only try that shit on here, I’d imagine most people would give you a slap in person if you tried such histrionics.

No. They are your fucking words again, not mine.

My post was about what MY personal preference is when talking to people. You’re now telling me I am not allowed an opinion. Screw you. At no point have a suggested a ban on either nor that people shouldn’t be allowed to wear them. You’ve taken a very mild post and strawmanned the fuck out of it to do your usual “hey everyone, look at how fucking amazingly liberal I am” routine.

Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

No, but there is one walking about looking like postboxes, since when has anything that looks different in British society not been commented on ?, and how does a descriptive become an "Attack" when its pointing out the bleeding obvious.
You obviously do not believe in equality because you want to apply different standards dependant on your views, care to name anyone who has not had abuse for being Ginger, tall, fat, spotty, short, soft, thick, thin, where they are from, how they dress, their accent, the f*cking glasses they wear, how about for political leanings, the team they support or the job they do.

He did not comment on their race (Because they are not a race), he did not incite violence towards anyone, at worst he caused offence to some, and they are free in this country to be as offended as they want, just as you are to decide his motives.
I was going to give a considered response to this but there's really not much point is there? How you've managed to assume I don't believe in equality is beyond me and I can't be bothered explaining myself as you're either too stupid or too entrenched in your views to see the obvious. Either way I'm unlikely to change your mind so I'll leave it there, have a good one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.