Israel-Palestine Conflict

I don’t find the UN to be nearly the effective instrument it was envisaged to be when created. It has become a liberal political tool of coercion that often seeks to place nation states in vulnerable political positions.

That said, I think that every ceasefire to allow the sides (and their proxies!) to talk is an advancement towards ultimate peace, in whatever form that presents.

There is no “cookie cutter” approach to complicated geopolitical issues and only a fool would start planting place markers on what EITHER side should or should not want, or demand.

History has shown that war redraws boundaries. Whether that occurs this time, I don’t know given the animosity and global outrage at the circumstances on the ground.
There will be no boundaries this time because we are watching a genocide unfold with a strange indifference

Yes, if a man has said repeatedly that he is in favour of the annihilation of Palestinians, I think we can go out on a limb and assume it is true that man is in favour of the annihilation of Palestinians.

The Israeli right wing hawks have to be removed from power and never allowed anywhere near it again.

Established opinion and pretty much accepted by everyone interested in this debate.

The bit everyone is struggling with is how do we bring about a lasting peaceful solution that allows both Palestinians and Israelis to live as neighbours with Hamas, Hezbollah and their backers Iran still around?

How does the region rid itself of those malign organisations and backers?

How does that picture look and come about?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.