"It's Dickov again..."

Re: "Its Dickov again..."

Wolfy said:
Maybe not enough time has passed for me but as of right now...

Tyler's "Aguerooooooo" > Radio Gillingham > Sky Gillingham

Very, very close between "Aguerooooooo" and the 1999 radio commentary though.
The similarities between both commentaries and games is uncanny. They both evoke the same emotions.

johnny crossan said:
The Scottish voice on the TV commentary was the breakfast legend Alan Brazil I think

hm, that must be the guy who says "what is it about these men from manchester"?

This is a reference to utd winning the CL in the last few minutes just days before.

I liked it when I first heard it, but then i thought dont take the piss this is for a play off final - much harder lol!

"aguerroooooooo!!!!!" has to edge it for the qpr game for me - as does the sheer madness of emotion of the day. One of my fave commentary moments is off GMR when the goat scores against blackburn in the promotion game.... the sheer uncontrolable wobble in his voice as he says "goaaaaaterrrrrr" make the hairs on my neck stand up.....

(mind you, watching the "everyone goes mad" you tube clip again over the weekend still makes me weep every time....)

berryblue said:
Wolfy said:

The similarities between both commentaries and games is uncanny. They both evoke the same emotions.

I was watching the Dickov goal on youtube yesterday and the goals are actually very similiar. Ball across the box to strikers who buries it past the goalkeeper at their near side post.

The_mace said:
berryblue said:
Wolfy said:

I was watching the Dickov goal on youtube yesterday and the goals are actually very similiar. Ball across the box to strikers who buries it past the goalkeeper at their near side post.

They are nothing alike

BoyBlue_1985 said:
The_mace said:
berryblue said:

They are nothing alike
They are.

From an aerial point of view the ball takes exactly the same path.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
The_mace said:
berryblue said:

They are nothing alike

Well with an argument like that how can I disagree.

Why don't you go away and watch them and then come back and tell me how they are nothing alike.

I understand they are both important goals but Kuns is the most important to me! If we would have lost to Gillingham we'd have gone up the following season!

If we'd have drawn with Qpr it would have hammered city's confidence! We now should believe we can go an win things on a regular basis!

Aggggggerrrroooooooo!!!

The_mace said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
The_mace said:

They are nothing alike

Well with an argument like that how can I disagree.

Why don't you go away and watch them and then come back and tell me how they are nothing alike.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXbOPAuIo74[/youtube]
Pumped up field in hope, headed down, decent knock on from Horlock, blocked shot, Dickov takes touch turns and rifles it in to top corner

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2onSRMLQ9Z0[/youtube]
NDJ brings the ball forward before playing it to Aguero who turns and jinks to create space from defender plays a 1 2 with Balo while making a very intelligent run, beats the defender after receiving the return pass and fires it in near post at around waist height

As Bob says aerially the ball kind of takes the same route but apart from that they are entirely different goals

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.