It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delboy352

Personally, I think that we are in a pretty good place and only need to tinker with the squad...it's all very well bandying about all these world class (or potentially world class) players that we would all like to sign, but looking backwards in some ways could be looking forwards this season...

Bobby's preferred system 4-2-3-1 means that we don't really need 4 "world class" strikers...it's all very well getting players in, but if they are of that ilk, then they won't want to be kicking their heels on the bench every week...I think that Tevez should and will go and Aguero (one of the nailed on starters), Balotelli (who I think has started to get his head screwed on finally and I expect a big season from him) and Dzeko would do for us with backup from the Academy guys

The midfield 5 does need strength, but with Silva and Toure as nailed on starters, we have Barry, Milner (mostly used for specific jobs), Nasri, Nige (probably going though) and Johnson fighting for the other 3 spots...with Suarez, Razak and Biton pushing through, then again we are pretty strong in that area imo, maybe 1 signing, but no more...

Defence seems to be the weak part of the team, with Micah, Zab, Kompany (nailed on starter), Lescott, Clichy, Kolarov and Kolo (probably going, and I hope so, as he seems to have put a lot of weight on over the summer) pushed by Rekik (who I really rate and whose distribution was better than Kompany's in the game the other day and wouldn't imo look out of place alongside Vincent)

Goalkeepers don't get more nailed on than Joe, so able deputies in the form of Pantillimon are needed, so no changes there unless you are going to replace Taylor

So, to summarise....imo 5 nailed on starters and 6 places up for grabs, with only a bit of tinkering needed, and certainly not as big an influx as people say we need...

Feel free to shoot me down...

What I don't gather is why we are prioritising an area of strength last season rather than prioritising a replacement for Kolo if he is definately going to leave.

The only defender that we have been linked with is Thiago Silva and that one from Inter Milan whose name I cannot remember right now. Rannochia or something like that.<br /><br />-- July 15th, 2012, 3:26 pm --<br /><br />
Delboy352 said:
Personally, I think that we are in a pretty good place and only need to tinker with the squad...it's all very well bandying about all these world class (or potentially world class) players that we would all like to sign, but looking backwards in some ways could be looking forwards this season...

Bobby's preferred system 4-2-3-1 means that we don't really need 4 "world class" strikers...it's all very well getting players in, but if they are of that ilk, then they won't want to be kicking their heels on the bench every week...I think that Tevez should and will go and Aguero (one of the nailed on starters), Balotelli (who I think has started to get his head screwed on finally and I expect a big season from him) and Dzeko would do for us with backup from the Academy guys

The midfield 5 does need strength, but with Silva and Toure as nailed on starters, we have Barry, Milner (mostly used for specific jobs), Nasri, Nige (probably going though) and Johnson fighting for the other 3 spots...with Suarez, Razak and Biton pushing through, then again we are pretty strong in that area imo, maybe 1 signing, but no more...

Defence seems to be the weak part of the team, with Micah, Zab, Kompany (nailed on starter), Lescott, Clichy, Kolarov and Kolo (probably going, and I hope so, as he seems to have put a lot of weight on over the summer) pushed by Rekik (who I really rate and whose distribution was better than Kompany's in the game the other day and wouldn't imo look out of place alongside Vincent)

Goalkeepers don't get more nailed on than Joe, so able deputies in the form of Pantillimon are needed, so no changes there unless you are going to replace Taylor

So, to summarise....imo 5 nailed on starters and 6 places up for grabs, with only a bit of tinkering needed, and certainly not as big an influx as people say we need...

Feel free to shoot me down...

I pretty much agree with that but I think Kolarov will alongside Kolo which will leave us needing a replacement left back and centre back. I'd like Sergio Ramos personally but given his nationality and the prestige of the club he is currently at I cannot foresee a move taking place. Perhaps a swap deal with Cheillini and Dzeko could happen?

If Kolo stays then for me we should stick with what we have at CB, I trust Mancini and the coaches to give Savic,Rekik etc the tools and coaching to improve and become better defenders (as thy have done with Kompany, Richards and Lescott who have all improved as defenders under Mancini. Let's not forget the Chelsea home game last season when Micah and Kolo shut out the Chelsea attack playing at the back together for the first time last season in a crunch ame

This is probably the worst rumour of the summer: Real Madrid to bid €10million/£8million for Micah.

Come on Tolmie, what is this Def Con 2 about?

This might help you LC. But I am KFA.

Levels.

The preparations that take place under the five DEFCONs are difficult to describe because they vary between many commands, they have changed over time as new weapon systems were deployed, and the precise details remain classified.[2] Additionally, during nuclear / normal tests, exercises, or drills, the United States Department of Defense uses exercise terms when referring to the DEFCONs.[4] This is to preclude the possibility of confusing exercise commands with actual operational commands. The current exercise terms have been used since at least 1960, when they were used in a North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) exercise.[2]

The five DEFCONs, their exercise terms, and their general descriptions are shown below.[2][3][4]

Defense condition

Exercise term

Description

Readiness

Color

DEFCON 5

FADE OUT[3]

Lowest state of readiness

Normal readiness

Blue

DEFCON 4

DOUBLE TAKE[3]

Increased intelligence watch and strengthened security measures

Above normal readiness

Green

DEFCON 3

ROUND HOUSE[3]

Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness

Medium readiness

Yellow

DEFCON 2

FAST PACE[3]

Next step to nuclear war

War readiness

Red

DEFCON 1

COCKED PISTOL[3]

Nuclear war is imminent

Maximum readiness

White

Movies and popular culture often misuse the DEFCON system by "going to DEFCON 5" during a state of emergency.[5] In fact, DEFCON 5 is the lowest state of readiness. DEFCON 1 has never been called for.

LoveCity said:
Mancini Manus Domini said:
Now that Thiago Silva looks set to join PSG who is the next world class centre half on our list?

I don't think there are any world class centre backs who are available this summer, Silva and Hummels were possibilities but one has moved and the other is happy to stay at a financially sound club with a brand new contract. So I think either we'll sign someone who is proven and tested like Skrtel or go for a "next big thing" like Dede/Papadopoulos/Musacchio who will hopefully turn out better than Savic in their first season.

If we want a class midfielder who would suit our technical style, Porto have priced Spurs out of a move for Joao Moutinho according to Duncan Castles as they want £23million... which is affordable for us.

From what I have seen of him Moutinho would be a snip at €23M, but then again this is spurs we are talking about, want everything on the cheap

-- Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:23 pm --

mikeyboyowilde said:
moomba said:
Koscielny hugely overrated by gooners, and some blues it seems.

No he has got more potential than Kompany though.

too many dodgy fruit shoots?<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:24 pm --<br /><br />
Mancini Manus Domini said:
Now that Thiago Silva looks set to join PSG who is the next world class centre half on our list?

I'm of the opinion that we may possibly already have a world class centre half but he's playing in another position. Yaya Toure anyone?

I think him and Vinney would make a truely awesome pairing at the back.

Yaya is ok where he is ta, ansd so for me is Joleon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.