It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

To me, Mahrez was the most dispensible of him, Jesus & Sterling. A 3-4 year contract offer for him seems a bit odd to me. All players start to diminish in their 30s (at different rates) and Mahrez doesn't strike me as someone who will maintain a high rate of pressing into his mid 30s.

Not seen any sign of a decent player in Tosin, another youth player rated way above his ability, looked like bambi on ice when the ball was at his feet
He played 41 league games for the team that won the championship last season, of course he is a very good player. Good enough for City maybe not, but still a decent player.

To me, Mahrez was the most dispensible of him, Jesus & Sterling. A 3-4 year contract offer for him seems a bit odd to me. All players start to diminish in their 30s (at different rates) and Mahrez doesn't strike me as someone who will maintain a high rate of pressing into his mid 30s.
Disagree.
I think hes better now than he was when he joined. Clearly exceptionally fit and doesnt get injured. Has a year or 2 of being a very regular starting player and then a year or so of being a good squad player.
He has the lowest £ value externally of the 3. But he delivered the most on pitch value of the 3 last season.

Disagree.
I think hes better now than he was when he joined. Clearly exceptionally fit and doesnt get injured. Has a year or 2 of being a very regular starting player and then a year or so of being a good squad player.
He has the lowest £ value externally of the 3. But he delivered the most on pitch value of the 3 last season.

Why not go for a 2 year extension then? He has a year left on his contract. He'd have little resale value either way, so it just seems odd to think he'd add much value at 34/35 when he'll still be on a wedge. More than happy to be wrong as I do like Mahrez, but it just seems odd.

happy to 4th choice incase Ake leaves ? (as per @93.20blue we don't plan to get a replacement for Ake IF he leaves ) Cheap and Experienced ?

as a 4th choice for cover as opposed to phillips as cover or the 18 yr old Mbete

IF city don't get a quality CB ( which ideally we should)

Bring him back to city

A key differentiator for Mahrez is that, unlike Jesus and Sterling - with a year left on his contract, he actually wants to stay at City.

Neither of the other two showed any interest is signing the extensions we offered them - so we either sold this summer, or lost them for nothing.

Mahrez is also far less reliant on pace, strength and stamina (all characteristics which diminish with age).

His game is all about skill, trickery and vision - which are less reliant on the energy of youth.

I’d argue he’s more likely than Sterling to be playing at the top well into his thirties.

Ah now. Mangala didn’t play once that season and was sent to Everton on loan. He wouldn’t even have been tenth choice centre half under Pep.
that's just flatly not true. He has played 9 PL games for city that season, 2 CL games and 4 carabao cup matches for a total of 1000 minutes. Nothing extraordinary, but certainly respectable for half a season, and he WAS unequivocally the 4th choice CB that season, until he went on loan on January 31st (when we got laporte).

Last edited:
A key differentiator for Mahrez is that, unlike Jesus and Sterling - with a year left on his contract, he actually wants to stay at City.

Neither of the other two showed any interest is signing the extensions we offered them - so we either sold this summer, or lost them for nothing.

Mahrez is also far less reliant on pace, strength and stamina (all characteristics which diminish with age).

His game is all about skill, trickery and vision - which are less reliant on the energy of youth.

I’d argue he’s more likely than Sterling to be playing at the top well into his thirties.
Definetly, sterling been wank last couple of seasons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.