It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Barcas main transfer target this summer is Bernardo apparently. They think they can convince him to move to Spain.
You seem excited about this, been talking about it repeatedly for days, eh? A club wanting a player from another club means nothing unless they can afford, the other club is willing to sell and the player wants to go. All three things seem highly unlikely, especially because we know that deep down the “if a player is unhappy we always let them go” mechanism is actually bullshit

Sterling will run down his contract unless we get a good swap deal with a European giant. He holds all the cards right now and I don’t think he will sign the contract on offer. Also don’t think he will move to another English team and wants to test himself out on another league - TBH he would cut apart a lot of the Spanish teams so probably a decent league for him to go to and be a ‘big player’ at a team there.

My guess is Barca or Real are the only two options he would look at, maybe PSG or at an outside push one of the Italian big boys but have suspicions that wouldn’t come off myself.

Barca I think would be his option of choice if it wasn’t for the salary challenges, which leads to the obvious view that for everyone a swap deal would work - Barca however too interested in Bernardo maybe (which I don’t think is going to happen now).

You seem excited about this, been talking about it repeatedly for days, eh? A club wanting a player from another club means nothing unless they can afford, the other club is willing to sell and the player wants to go. All three things seem highly unlikely, especially because we know that deep down the “if a player is unhappy we always let them go” mechanism is actually bullshit

Well no cause Bernardo is in my opinion our top 2 players, why would I be excited to see him leave? I'm just relaying the news which involves a City player. The better news with Barca is they are raiding Liverpool too.

Barca after Gabriel Jesus and Bernardo. Just broke in their Media.
Did it also contain any details of how they expect to pay for them? Linked with every big player right up to point where money comes into it. Then they move on to the next free transfer.

They paid £50m for Torres because the overall transfer (wages etc) wasn’t that big. Nobody pays £50m for Ferran Torres, if you can get Erling Haaland for £63m months later. It’s clear they are skint but they have to get their name in the mix.

They want Jesus and Bernie…better go and get a £150m loan lads.

Haaland and Alvarez is an excellent start to the summer. Hopefully both will increase our quality up front.

But i think improving our midfield and FB options is even MORE important. We have been way too reliant on Rodri, Walker and Cancelo staying fit this season. And Walker's ankle problems already cost us a CL final.

Hopefully we have the budget to improve those positions as well.

I don’t think we would let Bernardo leave irrespective of how much money they brought in.
I’m not so sure. Pep has always been adamant that if you want to leave City, you can, as long as you present a deal to City that we deem acceptable. By all accounts we told Bernie he could leave last summer and the fee was £40m. Nobody would pay it.

I expect the same sentiment would stand this summer, but the required fee would be much closer to £100m. IMO this means he will be staying because very few clubs can afford that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.