It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I would have said this when we still had Zinchenko but we've currently got two senior full backs and one of them is 32 and has been having increasing fitness issues over the last three seasons.

Not signing a left back now would be incredibly stupid.
I have to admit it seems like we are one injury short of a major problem. I don’t get waiting till the end of the window let alone January (when clubs really don’t want to sell usually) With the points ceiling so high a poor start could see the gap bigger than we would like.

Its a gamble.

Not sure anyone is flapping, just an honest realization that we urgently need a LB.
Yeah of course we do and the club will know that too...

I guess I must just be the most chilled out City fan this morning?

We have no actual idea where the Cucurella bid is at (apart from Twitter rumours as far as I know which are as reliable as Jimmy Carr's tax return) so the deal may not be "dead" as some are saying.
If we don't have a Plan B then that says that we are confident of Plan A or there is nobody else that ticks all the boxes at the right price...?

The price thing is quite interesting really because we know we have made well over £200m in sales so if we are being "prudent" with our cash that says to me that we are looking further forward than this window... Bellingham next year maybe or someone else

There seems to be a huge amount of flapping going on this morning - did we lose a friendly or something?
Yes, that must be it. If we had just won against Liverpool everyone would think that starting the season with 5 fit senior defenders competing for 4 places is more than enough and no reason to worry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.